Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-04-2022, 03:12 PM   #1
yur
yur began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Get reading stats and highlights from old kobo

Hiya, just got a Clara 2E after breaking the screen of my 4yo Aura H2O2 last week. Most of my books were sideloaded kepubs. I’m now wondering how I get my old books, highlights and stats into my new one. What parts do I copy over (and what can I discard?).

I obviously need to copy the books over, but can’t mount the old reader normally due to the broken screen since I can’t see the dialogue pop up where you usually click yes to make it mount to the computer.

Last edited by yur; 11-04-2022 at 06:30 PM.
yur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 06:14 AM   #2
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Look for this folder on your old Kobo:

\Digital Editions\Annotations

If you sideloaded with Calibre, you should find a separate subfolder for each title with a *.anot file in it. You can try duplicating the folder structure on your new Kobo and see if that works.

Last edited by RobertJSawyer; 11-07-2022 at 09:44 AM.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2022, 03:01 PM   #3
sasaki
sasaki can extract oil from cheesesasaki can extract oil from cheesesasaki can extract oil from cheesesasaki can extract oil from cheesesasaki can extract oil from cheesesasaki can extract oil from cheesesasaki can extract oil from cheesesasaki can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Nia
Quote:
I obviously need to copy the books over, but can’t mount the old reader normally due to the broken screen since I can’t see the dialogue pop up where you usually click yes to make it mount to the computer.
I'm not sure there is another way to mount the device than by clicking yes on the screen. Looks like you will have to repair the screen or open the device and extract the sd card to acces the data.
sasaki is offline   Reply With Quote