Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2022, 07:31 AM   #151
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
that would match what is advertised :0
Actually, no. The notes for the firmware release are technically correct.
Quote:

"Swipe down while you're reading to easily switch between your 3 most recently viewed items."
(e.a.)

So the new feature was NOT advertised as being limited to the 3 books most recently marked as "reading". Whether it ought to be thus limited is another question, but Kobo has delivered exactly what they said they would.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 07:41 AM   #152
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
(e.a.)

So the new feature was NOT advertised as being limited to the 3 books most recently marked as "reading". Whether it ought to be thus limited is another question, but Kobo has delivered exactly what they said they would.
Not really, I haven’t “viewed” the sideloaded books. I’ve just loaded them on to the device. I have however viewed the four books which appear on the homescreen, meaning the three that aren’t what I’m currently reading should appear in the drop down menu.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:24 AM   #153
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
(e.a.)

If you open a book, it gets flagged as reading unless you explicitly change it. If you do not open a book, it was never "viewed"... so I stand by my first comment.
rashkae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:47 AM   #154
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
If you open a book, it gets flagged as reading unless you explicitly change it. If you do not open a book, it was never "viewed"... so I stand by my first comment.
If you side load a book and do not open it, that book goes to the top of the Recently Viewed list.
I've lost track of which comment I'm agreeing with, but that is the fact.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 11:10 AM   #155
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
If you side load a book and do not open it, that book goes to the top of the Recently Viewed list.
That's right. The reader does some work with a newly side-loaded book (creates a cover thumbnail, for example). Perhaps 'viewed' isn't the best word to describe what is happening. The 'recent' list shows the last books the reader interacted with (for any purpose), I guess.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 11:30 AM   #156
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You, rashkae, and I all seem to want the same behavior from our Kobo devices. Only books which are in progress should show up in the pull down menu, not books which are just loaded on to the device but not opened by the user.
Old 09-28-2022, 01:09 PM   #157
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
You, rashkae, and I all seem to want the same behavior from our Kobo devices. Only books which are in progress should show up in the pull down menu, not books which are just loaded on to the device but not opened by the user.
What if you only have one book (or less) that you are currently reading?

Perhaps best behavior is to prioritize any titles that have an 'in progress' status and then fall back to most recent items.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 02:46 PM   #158
MGlitch
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
What if you only have one book (or less) that you are currently reading?

Perhaps best behavior is to prioritize any titles that have an 'in progress' status and then fall back to most recent items.
That would be fine IMO, it preserves the desired feature set and allows for other conditions.

This should be something Kobo are capable of coding, since the currently reading list on the homepage isn't changed when you sideload, or even when you buy directly from Kobo.
Old 09-28-2022, 03:26 PM   #159
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Rockwell is the son of Motown boss Barry Gordy. So even though he had no talent (even Barry Gordy knew it), he was able to wrangle Michael Jackson into singing the chorus (the only part of the song you remember).

If not for that Michael Jackson chorus, that song never would have gone anywhere.
It had a pretty good music video, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvAYIJSSZY
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 05:25 PM   #160
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Is there a place where you could contact the Kobo devs to ask for the recent books list behaviour to be changed?
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 05:44 PM   #161
MGlitch
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Is there a place where you could contact the Kobo devs to ask for the recent books list behaviour to be changed?
Not the devs, but if you go to the kobo website (turn off any and all adblocks) there is a "feedback" button on the far right side. You can probably select anything for the first options though I'd suggest maybe buying an ereader. Then in the text field explaining what you want.
Old 09-28-2022, 09:51 PM   #162
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Here's an experiment.. go your to Your library,, tap on the "Filter" header at the top,, and select "Reading"..

That's why I suggested this filter should be used for the "Recently Viewed List". The function is already there!

Edit: To the mods reviewing the edit history,, you're welcome for the laugh.
rashkae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 04:23 AM   #163
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Here's an experiment.. go your to Your library,, tap on the "Filter" header at the top,, and select "Reading"..

That's why I suggested this filter should be used for the "Recently Viewed List". The function is already there!

Done that.
Went back to book I'm reading, swiped down and no change.
Still shows the last three books I added.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 08:50 AM   #164
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:

I see.

And just to add an anecdote, the current 'Recently Opened' list includes books that I have marked 'unread'.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 10:35 AM   #165
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Finished books too. But sometimes you'd want that when doing research using a few books.
Being able to choose maybe 3 to 10 with less "wasted space" might be handy.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release