Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-27-2022, 04:55 AM   #136
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dent0p View Post
Same here. I'd much rather it stuck with the 3 most recently opened books.
How often do you sideload? Unless you do it more or less daily, the list WILL show the last 3 opened books.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 05:57 AM   #137
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
How often do you sideload? Unless you do it more or less daily, the list WILL show the last 3 opened books.
Is it sideload only, or also purchases?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 06:24 AM   #138
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:

Not often.
I plugged into USB to charge after a week or so reading, and took advantage of the connection to add three books via Calibre.

When I then opened the book I was reading and checked the last three swipe-down, it showed the 3 books I had just added and forgot the ones I had been reading.

So it didn't work for me this time.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 07:17 AM   #139
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Hmmm... how often do I side load daily news? Hmm... Let me think about that...
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 08:56 AM   #140
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Hmmm... how often do I side load daily news? Hmm... Let me think about that...
Good thing you weren’t the one being asked or Uncle Robin might have a reason to feel silly for asking how often daily news is sideloaded.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 09:18 AM   #141
BiliBug
Connoisseur
BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage (Formerly KKB, PW1, PW3, KV, OA3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number9 View Post
When that song was new, I thought it was Michael Jackson who sang it! 😂

He produced it and sang backup vocals (the chorus). So you are not imagining things.
BiliBug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 10:14 AM   #142
Cactus Chef
Addict
Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cactus Chef ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Clara HD, Galaxy Tab S5e, Kindle 4th Gen
I didn't think I'd end up using the new swipe down feature when I read about it, but I found out something that makes it incredibly useful: it remembers Pocket articles, too!

So this is now great for me, because Kobo has never had a filter to show articles I'm currently reading, even if it remembers the spot I left it with if I pull it up again. This will let me jump between the books and articles I'm reading without having to dig back into the Pocket menu and find the article again.
Cactus Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 10:22 AM   #143
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post
Good morning
Just discovered that the Swipe Down facility to show the last three books being read doesn't work as I had hoped.
I side loaded three new books via Calibre and my Libra 2 used those to repopulate the list.
It removed from the list the books I have actually been reading and replaced them with the last three books added to the device. Not too useful really.
For me, after side loading books they have always been at the top of a 'recent' sort of 'My Books'. The behavior you report seems consistent.

Having the newly side-loaded books as the most recent helps me to find them so I can shelve them in the proper collections.
Calenorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 10:28 AM   #144
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
When that song was new, I thought it was Michael Jackson who sang it! 😂
Rockwell is the son of Motown boss Barry Gordy. So even though he had no talent (even Barry Gordy knew it), he was able to wrangle Michael Jackson into singing the chorus (the only part of the song you remember).

If not for that Michael Jackson chorus, that song never would have gone anywhere.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 11:52 AM   #145
Number9
Dude
Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Aura H2o; Sony Reader PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Rockwell is the son of Motown boss Barry Gordy. So even though he had no talent (even Barry Gordy knew it), he was able to wrangle Michael Jackson into singing the chorus (the only part of the song you remember).

If not for that Michael Jackson chorus, that song never would have gone anywhere.
Wow, that is news to me. I never get to old to learn new stuff! 😊
Number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 12:32 PM   #146
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Wow, that is news to me. I never get to old to learn new stuff! 😊
Hey man. You start talking about firmware, you never know where it will go!
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 04:24 PM   #147
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoQu View Post
When our Kobo readers will have the support to READIUM LCP protection ?
Public libraries are adopting it, I will keep being able to read my borrowed ebooks on my ereader...
If your library offers the option to download books for offline reading via Adobe Digital Editions, you can use that to load the books onto your Kobo.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 08:16 PM   #148
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
For me, after side loading books they have always been at the top of a 'recent' sort of 'My Books'. The behavior you report seems consistent.

Having the newly side-loaded books as the most recent helps me to find them so I can shelve them in the proper collections.
While I agree this is consistent behavior, it's not (IMO) good behavior. The sideloaded books shouldn't trip anything that says they're actively being used on the ereader. They've just been put there, which doesn't mean I'm going to read them now, but at some point in the future. Where as the books I'm actually reading are well the books I'm actually reading.

I'm ok with newly sideloaded books showing up as recently loaded, because they're new on the device. But there should be some way to have the actively reading books be on an independent list from the newly loaded books.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 03:22 AM   #149
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
I'm ok with newly sideloaded books showing up as recently loaded, because they're new on the device. But there should be some way to have the actively reading books be on an independent list from the newly loaded books.
Exactly what I was saying when I posted about it.
The swipe-down feature simply shows the top three in the My Books tab, which if you've recently been adding books, will be the most recently added.

Just as reading a book puts it to the top of My Books, so reading will put it to the top of the swipe list until you add more books
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 06:50 AM   #150
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
So, you think the new swipe down list should be filtered by "Reading" status. I would agree that would match what is advertised :0
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release