Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-21-2022, 05:07 PM   #1
readologist
Enthusiast
readologist has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readologist has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readologist has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readologist has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Libra 2
What Are The Odds That Kobo Can Fix.....

What are the odds that Kobo can (or will) fix the periodic freezes (crashes, whatever you wish to label them as) or errors on the Libra 2? Can anyone even say with certainty that there are more than a handful? Forums seem to have gone quiet on these issues
readologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 05:43 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I haven't experienced them on 4.32.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 06:04 PM   #3
readologist
Enthusiast
readologist has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readologist has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readologist has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readologist has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I haven't experienced them on 4.32.
That's part of the issue - not everyone does and there has not been any organized study of why's and wherefore's. Only sporadic anecdotal reports - I have it on my Libra 2 but not on my Libra H20
Old 07-21-2022, 06:07 PM   #4
readologist
Enthusiast

Maybe Firmware 4.33.19759 will fix
Old 07-21-2022, 06:10 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I believe it had been identified that there were different components in use on some Libra 2 devices. It would probably be an idea to track down if the issues were in all units or just a subset

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 06:23 PM   #6
readologist
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I believe it had been identified that there were different components in use on some Libra 2 devices. It would probably be an idea to track down if the issues were in all units or just a subset

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
If there really are different hardware components then it's unlikely that a software fix would work. I'm going back to my Libra H20 and going to return the Libra 2 for an exchange or fix - it's still under warranty
Old 07-21-2022, 07:14 PM   #7
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
The Libra H2O definitely didn't have these problems.

My Libra 2 had the freezing/crashing issue at first, but as I said, it seems to have mostly vanished with 4.32.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 10:50 PM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by readologist View Post
If there really are different hardware components then it's unlikely that a software fix would work. I'm going back to my Libra H20 and going to return the Libra 2 for an exchange or fix - it's still under warranty
That isn't correct. If the hardware is different, then it might need different drivers or different versions of drivers. Kobo is aware of the issues and has fixes for the Libra 2 in firmware 4.33.19759.

But, it could be a faulty device. For at least one of the issues reported with the Libra 2, when it was investigated appeared to be hardware failure rather than any. They returned it, got a replacement and that worked with no problems.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 07:56 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
That's part of the issue - not everyone does and there has not been any organized study of why's and wherefore's. Only sporadic anecdotal reports - I have it on my Libra 2 but not on my Libra H20

I haven't had any trouble with firmware crashes on my Libra 2. As an ebook reader, it works beautifully.

Why don't you organize that study you mentioned?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 08:37 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
What are the odds that Kobo can (or will) fix the periodic freezes (crashes, whatever you wish to label them as) or errors on the Libra 2? Can anyone even say with certainty that there are more than a handful? Forums seem to have gone quiet on these issues
I suggest you try the new 4.33.19759 firmware. It may fix whatever your problems are. The new firmware has bug fixes and stability improvements.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:29 AM   #11
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2
My KL2 on 4.32 had been pretty stable, but two days ago it locked up when paging to the next chapter. I had to reboot to continue. I haven't updated to 4.33 yet.
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:31 AM   #12
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogice View Post
My KL2 on 4.32 had been pretty stable, but two days ago it locked up when paging to the next chapter. I had to reboot to continue. I haven't updated to 4.33 yet.
Sometimes it is a bad book that is the culprit.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:56 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I've had book Edits cause crashes (I use do not treat as a new book set wanting to keep my place).

I find - fix a missing split or Chapter not in the TOC and update the book. Basixally, a file section name change / insert.

The kobo does not refresh its Toc (spine?)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 10:35 AM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I've had book Edits cause crashes (I use do not treat as a new book set wanting to keep my place).

I find - fix a missing split or Chapter not in the TOC and update the book. Basixally, a file section name change / insert.

The kobo does not refresh its Toc (spine?)
The ToC can be updated using Kobo Utilities.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 01:27 PM   #15
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Try the new firmware, released yesterday.

I'm one of those who had a lot of instability with my Libra 2. I put it through its paces with this new firmware last night, including switching back and forth between books, switching between reading books and reading Pocket articles, bouncing between the home screen and My Books, and more, plus popping up dictionaries, changing font and other settings, and so on. Everything worked fine, with no hangs and no delays.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote