Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-22-2018, 05:47 AM   #1
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Books on Device Question

Is there a simple way of making it so that the books on your device are the only books which are displayed in library view?

I only keep a few (10 to 20) ebooks on my devices. When I have read a few I connect my device, update the "date read' column in Calibre for the books read and delete these books from my device.

As I switch back and forth between my device and library view, it would make life easier if they both displayed the same list of books (i.e. the books on my device).

If I search for "books on device" in library view, it will indeed display a list of the books on my device. If I then switch to view of books on the Device no books are shown until I cancel the the search for "books on device".

Hope this is clear and I am missing something very simple. No rush about replying as I will be away until Friday.

Last edited by Thasaidon; 07-22-2018 at 05:48 AM. Reason: typo
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:40 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have a virtual library which uses the search "ondevice:true". If I select that, it only shows books on the device. Swapping between the library and device view keeps the virtual library selected.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2018, 06:28 AM   #3
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have a virtual library which uses the search "ondevice:true". If I select that, it only shows books on the device. Swapping between the library and device view keeps the virtual library selected.
Thanks @davidfor

That was just the sort of simple thing I was looking for. I have tried it and it doesn't half make updating my device (using my workflow) a lot more convenient.

Learning Caliber is like, "said the Queen. ‘Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!’"

The more I learn the more there seems to be to learn.

Thanks again
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote