Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-26-2012, 05:27 AM   #1
amb
amb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 (keyboard), boox M92
Exclamation kindlepdfviewer + kite

Hello,

I have a kindle keyboard with firmware 3.4.

I've installed kite and then I installed kindlepdfviewer (as in extract that zip archive into the root of the kindle) and I have two files (seen as pdfs) named: KPDFviewer (last file) and KPDFviewer File Manager.

If I try to open them (just like a book), nothing really happens.
The viewer replaces its position with the last pdf but when I open the pdf the shortcuts do not work (so i guess i don't open it the right way).

Also if I open the file manager, I only see a blank file and no shortcuts work.

The question is:

How do I use kindlepdfviewer after I have installed it ?

Thanks
amb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
amb

I uninstalled kite, jailbreake my kindle and then installed lauchpad.
Now everything works perfect but I would still like to know how to use kindlepdfviewer with kite.
Advert
Old 09-27-2012, 01:10 AM   #3
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
This two kite files will call the script(kpdf.sh) in launchpad directory to run the reader. So did you double check that you also copy launchpad directory into your kindle?
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
NuPogodi
Connoisseur
NuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle 3, Tolino Shine, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
This two kite files will call the script(kpdf.sh) in launchpad directory to run the reader. So did you double check that you also copy launchpad directory into your kindle?
I've already written a couple of months ago in the main kpdfviewer-topic that it would be reasonable in future releases to move kpdf.sh from /mnt/us/launchpad to /mnt/us/kindlepdfviewer and to leave in the folders /mnt/us/launchpad & /mnt/us/kite only the corresponding scripts (with modified path to kpdf.sh) to run the application. Thus, everyone may choose the only preferred launcher - either launchpad or kite - or both.
PS. BTW, hawhill principally approved this idea... What do you think?
NuPogodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #5
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuPogodi View Post
I've already written a couple of months ago in the main kpdfviewer-topic that it would be reasonable in future releases to move kpdf.sh from /mnt/us/launchpad to /mnt/us/kindlepdfviewer and to leave in the folders /mnt/us/launchpad & /mnt/us/kite only the corresponding scripts (with modified path to kpdf.sh) to run the application. Thus, everyone may choose the only preferred launcher - either launchpad or kite - or both.
PS. BTW, hawhill principally approved this idea... What do you think?

Of course, I am thinking about the same thing when replying this thread ;p. Go ahead
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 04:35 AM   #6
amb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
So kite still uses launchpad ? Because as I understood kite does not need jailbreak so I though it also does not need launchpad.
But if it still uses it, then it makes more sense since the files are command invoking scripts (they look like shell) but I though kite would listen for commands and interpret them.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #7
dave2008
Addict

No, if you use kite, then no need to install launchpad. The problem here is kindlepdfviewer use a shell script to help setup/cleanup things before/after it start/exit. And we misplaced this script into the launchpad directory. So when you use kite to launch KPV, it will look up that script in launchpad dir.