Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-30-2016, 02:21 PM   #391
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoer View Post
Sorry I tried now to see the page in my Inkpad 2,but tapping only allow me to see the menu dialog
You have to tap at the bottom of the screen, near the middle of the bottom edge. It's the area between the "previous page" tap zones.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:51 PM   #392
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trewelu View Post
I like the app. Some feature request/question

1. Is it possible to preserve rotation for reading left handed (currently if you rotate the image, the next page will revert to potrait 0)
2. Toggle menu text doesn't indicate whether the setting currently is on or off.
3. Is there a way to have a chapter indicator so we can zip a whole volume but still can jump between chapter. One option probably is calibre cbc format
4. Locking/turn off tap/swipe to navigate
1. The rotation is supposed to be preserved, and it works that way on my devices. Perhaps the very latest firmware versions break that. I'll have to load firmware 5 on my Inkpad to see if I can duplicate this bug.

2) I'll try to make some icons to indicate the toggle state in the menu.

3) There is currently no support for metadata of any kind. Others have asked for it, but there are so many different formats that I got discouraged. I'll look again, but I'm very busy with work these days, so I can't devote much time to this project.

4) I need more information about these. Lets consider each individually:
4a) Instead of implementing locking in the application, can you not just put the device to sleep with the power button instead? Isn't that the same as locking the screen?
4b) Turning off tapping sounds like it could be a problem on some devices (the Inkpad only has Next/Prev and power buttons). How would you re-enable tapping afterwards? Or do you mean only disabling the Next/Prev tap zones?
4c) I don't understand what "swipe to navigate" means. Right now, swiping with one finger either pans the image if that is possible, or changes the page. What do you want to navigate?

P.S. I checked the program on my Inkpad running firmware 5.11, and the rotation is preserved across page changes. Perhaps you have the "Automatically rotate landscape images" configuration option enabled, and that is what is causing your page changes to be rotated?

Last edited by rkomar; 09-30-2016 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:29 PM   #393
rkomar
Wizard

Ooops! Sorry, I finally understood what you meant in 4), i.e. you want to be able to disable tapping and swiping for page navigation only. I'll take a look at the code to see how hard this would be to implement.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:30 PM   #394
holysmoer
Enthusiast
holysmoer began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
You have to tap at the bottom of the screen, near the middle of the bottom edge. It's the area between the "previous page" tap zones.
Yes it works,thanks for your patience

p.s. Can I suggest to set "toogle status bar" by default? In this way,for example when read comics,it will be wide screen
holysmoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:01 PM   #395
rkomar
Wizard

You can set whether the status bar is enabled or disabled by default when the program starts in the Configuration. Is that what you wanted to do?
Old 09-30-2016, 05:10 PM   #396
trewelu
Enthusiast
trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle PaperWhite 2013, Pocketbook InkPad2.
Quote:
1. The rotation is supposed to be preserved, and it works that way on my devices. Perhaps the very latest firmware versions break that. I'll have to load firmware 5 on my Inkpad to see if I can duplicate this bug.

P.S. I checked the program on my Inkpad running firmware 5.11, and the rotation is preserved across page changes. Perhaps you have the "Automatically rotate landscape images" configuration option enabled, and that is what is causing your page changes to be rotated?
Yes, this seemed to be the case. If it is off, the rotation is preserved.

Quote:
2) I'll try to make some icons to indicate the toggle state in the menu.
Thanks.

Quote:
3) There is currently no support for metadata of any kind. Others have asked for it, but there are so many different formats that I got discouraged. I'll look again, but I'm very busy with work these days, so I can't devote much time to this project.
True, there is no standard. Take your time, the program as it is, is quite great already compared to reading converted to epub book. When converting to epub, he image look blurry during the scale.

Quote:
Ooops! Sorry, I finally understood what you meant in 4), i.e. you want to be able to disable tapping and swiping for page navigation only. I'll take a look at the code to see how hard this would be to implement.
Yes, disable page navigation using touch screen. Just Archive info, setting and close.
trewelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 02:13 AM   #397
holysmoer
Enthusiast

Quote:
You can set whether the status bar is enabled or disabled by default when the program starts in the Configuration. Is that what you wanted to do?
Yes I already did it
I just suggest to do it "by default"
Old 10-01-2016, 06:11 PM   #398
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Yes I already did it
I just suggest to do it "by default"
I see. I think I'll leave it as it is. I'd rather people see what is possible by default rather than hoping they discover it. Besides, it sounds to me like figuring out how to disable the hated status bar gave you some satisfaction, so I think everyone has a chance to be happy with the current configuration.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:40 AM   #399
marian42
marian42 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 840
Hi,

I would like to ask if it would be possible to have the first picture from .cbr/.cbz file as the book cover (meaning the picture is displayed when the device is in sleep mode).

I am not sure how difficult if would be to implement (or it is even possible to implement), so I am just asking.

Anyway, the viewer is really very nice piece of software.
marian42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 03:25 PM   #400
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by marian42 View Post
Hi,

I would like to ask if it would be possible to have the first picture from .cbr/.cbz file as the book cover (meaning the picture is displayed when the device is in sleep mode).

I am not sure how difficult if would be to implement (or it is even possible to implement), so I am just asking.

Anyway, the viewer is really very nice piece of software.
I don't think I can do that easily because the PocketBook software doesn't understand how to get a cover from the cbz/cbr files. It isn't the reading application that handles that, rather some background task goes through all the documents on the device and gets the information from them. That task just doesn't know how to handle image archives, and I don't see anything in their API for setting the cover image manually.

In the old days, you could hack the power off image by copying over a system file with whatever image you wanted. Maybe that's still possible today, so I'll look into it.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:53 PM   #401
marian42
marian42 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 840
Hi rkomar,

thank you very much for explanation. I see that it is not easy to implement.

marian42
marian42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 02:05 PM   #402
holysmoer
Enthusiast

Quote:
I see. I think I'll leave it as it is. I'd rather people see what is possible by default rather than hoping they discover it. Besides, it sounds to me like figuring out how to disable the hated status bar gave you some satisfaction, so I think everyone has a chance to be happy with the current configuration.
Another suggestion I have after using it (of course I love it to read comics!): add regulation of light intensity, cause at the moment I think not possible directly from your program...am I right?
Old 10-03-2016, 02:41 PM   #403
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by marian42 View Post
Hi rkomar,

thank you very much for explanation. I see that it is not easy to implement.

marian42
I actually got it to work yesterday by writing a bitmap to /system/logo/bookcover. So, that feature will be included in the next release.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:44 PM   #404
holysmoer
Enthusiast

Quote:
I actually got it to work yesterday by writing a bitmap to /system/logo/bookcover. So, that feature will be included in the next release.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:48 PM   #405
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Another suggestion I have after using it (of course I love it to read comics!): add regulation of light intensity, cause at the moment I think not possible directly from your program...am I right?
I don't see how to control the light level from the API they provide, so I don't think it would be simple to do. I think you can control it via the status bar, which you can bring up in the program, so I think I'll leave it at that. I believe that either coolreader or koreader can control the light level, so I might look in there later for some clues, but I don't think it will be soon. No time.