Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-07-2010, 07:30 PM   #1
graeme.b
graeme.b began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Nook software downloads

How do I acquire a free US IP address when I live in the South Pacific, so that I can upgrade Nook software when required:???
graeme.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:27 PM   #2
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
You'll need to upgrade by sideloading. Download the update file to your computer, and sideload it onto your NOOK.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme.b View Post

How do I acquire a free US IP address when I live in the South Pacific, so that I can upgrade Nook software when required:???
to upgrade your nook firmware you don't need a US IP address, if you have wi-fi and the nook is registered .. it will upgrade without any problem.

You only need a US IP address when buying books ..most people (including me) seem to use HotSpot Shield and alwaysVPN
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
graeme.b
graeme.b began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Pardee View Post
You'll need to upgrade by sideloading. Download the update file to your computer, and sideload it onto your NOOK.
Thanks for your advice. This is also confirmed by B&N from whom I have been trying to get a definitive reply for weeks but received one yesterday.
graeme.b is offline   Reply With Quote