Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 01-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Is there a way to "break apart" a Microsoft Reader file?

I am looking for a way to "get into" a Microsoft Reader file. I know most ereader formats are more or less just wrappers that combine all the individual html & image files that make up an ebook into one simple file. I realize that I can use Calibre to easily convert lit files to epub or mobi or whatever I want and I've had good luck with this but what I'm really wanting to do is to get at the actual, unmodified files inside lit file, not convert it.

With an epub it's as simple as renaming it to zip, opening it up and pulling everything out. With a mobi there's several scripts I could use to unpack it. I'm just not aware of any way to do the same thing with a lit file.

Is anyone aware of a tool to do such a thing? These are files I purchased and have drm isn't an issue. Thanks in advance to anyone that may be able to answer my question.

Sincerely,
- Byron Followell
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Disregard guys. I didn't do quite enough research before posting and have now answered my own question. The convertLit tool I used on the drm years ago is the same tool I can use to break apart these lit files. I just didn't realize it would do both. Thanks anyway.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert