Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-10-2018, 06:08 AM   #1
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
Any recommendation for BT keyboard and stand for Max2?

As per title really. In order to write comfortably on Max2 keyboard and stand is required. I saw that some keyboards have a stand included in them, e.g.:

https://www.ebay.com/p/Perixx-Peridu...173/1180782245

but I wonder if they would support Max2 size and weight...

Max2 promo videos had a stand but I don't know if it is possible to buy?
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:34 AM   #2
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
Will BT 4.1 keyboard will work better/faster than 3.0 BT keyboard?
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2018, 04:36 AM   #3
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Can't actually try this out for lack of the Max, but generally I highly recommend the BT keyboard for the Thinkpad Tablet 2, it's the best bt keyboard I've used so far, also includes a Trackpoint-like pointing device (but optical rather than the actual Trackpoint on Thinkpads, so that's not quite as good as the real thing).
It is made for a 10 inch tablet, so I don't know for sure if it'll manage to support the Max, but as the Max and Max 2 are fairly light around 550g, I think the weight should but be a problem - possibly the height of the reader might make it a bit unstable, that would have to be tested.
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:34 PM   #4
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Device: none
I started testing essentially the following yesterday:

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-iCl...dp/B01MTVC775/

Overall, it's been nice so far.

Some points to note:

-If the Max 2 is placed in landscape mode, it can be held up by the stand portion of the keyboard, but it seems a bit precarious

-The touchpad portion is a bit on the slow side, but on a different device it wasn't so sluggish, so may be a future update to the firmware might help?

-The right button for the touchpad seems to act as a back button -- seemed odd at first, but more convenient perhaps than holding Fn down and pressing another key

-Long-pressing works via the left button for the touchpad so with a bit of patience, selecting text can be more accurate than using one's finger (well...at least my finger )
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:03 PM   #5
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
I always recommend Microsoft's Wedge, the lid makes a perfect stand for a large device like the Onyx Max and the keyboard is very reliable and run on the batteries.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2018, 05:14 AM   #6
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
I have the Perixx-Periduo 880 and the 13" Max Carta. Works fine. Only that the touchpad is not very usable as the little black arrow trails slowly on the e-ink screen. But typing with the keyboard makes the letters appear instantly, so for that it works great.

As a stand it also functions very well. Although I like to set the Max on this angle-adjustable stand on a table right in front of me very close-by and use the keyboard laying on my lap:
https://tinyurl.com/yc2w5stb

But that is just a personal preference. It feels easier having my hands down on my lap than holding them in front of me higher up.

The cover of the keyboard can be turned over flat under the keyboard for that.

Last edited by Lode; 01-25-2018 at 05:16 AM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 10:01 PM   #7
sogaiu
Addict
sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.sogaiu can decode base 64 without using a pencil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lode View Post
I have the Perixx-Periduo 880 and the 13" Max Carta. Works fine. Only that the touchpad is not very usable as the little black arrow trails slowly on the e-ink screen.
It would be nice if that arrow could be made more responsive -- similar situation on the Max 2 here.
sogaiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 01:11 PM   #8
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am very happily using a
"RL021 U-Groove Multi" (as sold e.g. by "Alitoo" - more effective search key)
as I type, using the Max2 as a monitor for a portable desktop.
It features a pad, a luxury numeric pad, multi-OS mode (so that Esc on desktop OS becomes "Browser" in iOS mode etc.), and a slot for the tablets in which the Max2, landscape, fits perfectly.

The "portable workstation setup" seems to work very well.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:08 AM   #9
everalm
everalm began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Max Boox 2
There are a selection of these on Amazon.com, look like one generic manufacturer with different badging, do a search for

"bluetooth keyboard with touchpad slot"

Same search criteria on Ebay gives similar results

If you are going to be using it out of office and looking to save space, I have used the folding keypad/touchpad before, generally good for knocking out emails etc

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Tri-Fo...XnfsR2WBztBT1Q
everalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:09 PM   #10
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Just noticed that Onyx now seem to be offering their own foldable BT keyboard. No idea what it's like just came across it on Amazon's Canadian site.

https://www.amazon.ca/Foldable-Bluet...3919954&sr=1-4
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:01 PM   #11
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I cannot find a stand that supports the Max2 and is adjustable in height, together with tilt.

I see that shop "Boox" on Amazon has a stand - it comes with tilt, rotate, but no height:
https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-BO...dp/B0793DFD21/

Most stands I found can host devices as wide as 22cm - but the Max series are almost 24cm wide.

Have I missed anything?
Old 04-17-2018, 06:06 PM   #12
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
I cannot find a stand that supports the Max2 and is adjustable in height, together with tilt.

I see that shop "Boox" on Amazon has a stand - it comes with tilt, rotate, but no height:
https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-BO...dp/B0793DFD21/

Most stands I found can host devices as wide as 22cm - but the Max series are almost 24cm wide.

Have I missed anything?
I got the Boox stand for my wife who has inherited my original Max. It works very nicely. However, as you say, it is not adjustable for height.

However, Booxtor offers a cheaper alternative stand on his website which is fully adjustable.

https://ereader.store/en/accessoires...-stand-29.html

I haven't personally tried Booxtor's stand. However, my wife has a smaller stand very similar to it for her ipad and it works wonderfully well. It may just suit your needs.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:12 AM   #13
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I got the Boox stand for my wife who has inherited my original Max. It works very nicely. However, as you say, it is not adjustable for height.

However, Booxtor offers a cheaper alternative stand on his website which is fully adjustable.

Thank you Question Mark; you got some karma. I just ordered the "multifunctional tablet stand" from ereader.store, I hope to get my hands on it sooner than soon and write celebrating reviews which may resemble complimenting the richness and solarity of wine and wineyards and fertile vignifurous hills.

Nonetheless, I note: we seem to have as too often happens extremely little choice, right? The one picked by Booxtor seems to be the only one available with proper adjustment and suitable for the 24cm grip, after a little research.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:21 AM   #14
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post

I haven't personally tried Booxtor's stand. However, my wife has a smaller stand very similar to it for her ipad and it works wonderfully well. It may just suit your needs.
I've bought this stand, it is very good and seems to me robust. I 've only squeeze a screw. The stand is very stable.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 05:01 AM   #15
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Not really a fan of trackpads.

I would want a full sized bluetooth keyboard with a large trackball ideally, I don't know if one exists.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote