Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-07-2015, 11:26 AM   #61
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
They completely removed the non-working pre-order link from the product page, now.

I can be patient...but I shall be a Chapters stalker.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:28 AM   #62
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nihilism View Post
It's even lighter than the Voyage (180g vs. 188g).
With a Voyage-like screen resolution and weight, but a Paperwhite price. Does that mean the Voyage price will come down?
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2015, 11:31 AM   #63
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Looks like no SD card slot, which is a bother to some, but no issue to me. 4GB is plenty for my needs.
They advertise a MicroUSB slot in the specs -- do a comparison between it and the original Kobo Glo and you'll see it. (Unless it's a misprint -- because they don't mention it in the memory section.)

EDIT: NEVER MIND. Brain is not working. MicroUSB slot is not a MicroSD slot. Is this the first Kobo that won't have a memory card slot?

Last edited by rcentros; 04-07-2015 at 11:34 AM.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:38 AM   #64
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
I am hoping this is not a trend for Kobo not to include MicroSD Card slot in their products.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:39 AM   #65
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Well, there is no need to buy a Kindle Voyage anymore… except for American review sites: they will prefer a Kindle anyway and find ways justifying it, probably by comparing apples with oranges (remember the reviews Aura H2O vs Voyage?)
The weight of the Glo HD and Voyage are both 180g. So they can't complain about that or does the Glo HD feel heavier or look chunkier?
I guess the Voyage will drop in price very soon.

I can't wait to read some serious reviews as I do have a few questions and/or doubts. BTW, the same doubts I had with the H2O.

The 1 GHz processor.
Is it still the same as in other Kobo models like the Aura, Aura H2O, Aura HD?
If so, then this model will also be relatively slow when compared face-to-face with competing products and you will read this in the reviews.
Note: this does not mean the device is slow or too slow. Just that it might be slower than other devices.

Touch
Has the responsiveness of the touch layer been improved: less latency between the actual touch and feedback (i.e. displaying a pop up screen or menu)
Idem for touch screen accuracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme View Post
There you go
http://allesebook.de/e-book-reader/k...29-euro-62704/

Prices:
$129.99 (CA/US), €129.99 (EU), £109.99 (UK), $179.99 (AU), $219.99 (NZ)
€129.99 = CAD 176.63 = USD 141.09

Last edited by Anak; 04-07-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2015, 11:47 AM   #66
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Is this the first Kobo that won't have a memory card slot?

If memory serves the Mini also lacked a memory card slot.
MGlitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:08 PM   #67
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
They advertise a MicroUSB slot in the specs -- do a comparison between it and the original Kobo Glo and you'll see it. (Unless it's a misprint -- because they don't mention it in the memory section.)

EDIT: NEVER MIND. Brain is not working. MicroUSB slot is not a MicroSD slot. Is this the first Kobo that won't have a memory card slot?
No, the Mini also lacked one.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:57 PM   #68
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
US pre-orders start April 24th. Canadians can start tomorrow! (I wonder how that applies to US orders from a Canadian store?)
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:20 PM   #69
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
US pre-orders start April 24th. Canadians can start tomorrow! (I wonder how that applies to US orders from a Canadian store?)
Not that I'm tempted (no SD card slot) but it seems the UK is left out, no sign of it on our site at all.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:33 PM   #70
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
I was thinking of getting a voyage for my birthday(Apr. 30), but this news changes things. I was after the higher screen resolution. The price difference is a big deal to me.

Penny
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:24 PM   #71
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I have made a wiki page for the Kobo Glo HD

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:29 PM   #72
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Very nice! Amazon has just been outdone once again.
Concerning that video:

You take the Glo, then.

I'll take the house.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:33 PM   #73
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
I got an e-mail from Kobo announcing the Glo HD:

Quote:
Introducing Kobo Glo HD

The clearest, most book-like screen

$129.99

• 6" HD Carta E Ink touchscreen
• Carry your entire library with you
• Customize fonts & margins
• Built-in, adjustable ComfortLight
• Up to 2 months of battery life*

Includes free concierge service for tips on getting started, eBook recommendations, great deals and more.**

Pre-order now for a chance to win 50 eBooks of your choice.***
Anybody know what is the concierge service is?
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:17 PM   #74
Fozziebear40
Fozziebear40 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Looks like all the info has been pulled. The mighty ape website in NZ is even pulled from pre-ordering and Kobo blank. Looks like H2O for me now anyway.
Fozziebear40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:13 PM   #75
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZetlin View Post
I got an e-mail from Kobo announcing the Glo HD:

Anybody know what is the concierge service is?
I think it is like Cortana or Siri only you are stuck with a read person. 9am to 9pm local time.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote