Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-10-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Companies you've contacted RE: Kindle

Inspired by a thread over on the Amazon Kindle Discussion boards, I liked to know who Kindle owners have been contacting regarding content and accessories (or whatever) for the Kindle and the results.

The first company I contacted was Penguin asking about the release date of a particular book. I received the same boilerplate reply a lot of people here a MobileRead have received saying to keep checking back and that they are ramping up ebook production.

Next was Merriam-Webster asking when the "not yet available" dictionary wil be available. The ball is in Amazon's court.

I've contacted the Los Angeles Times asking them not to be outdone by the New York times in the Kindle subscription department. I received 2 replys from different people. One is sending the suggestion to their web design team, the other is forwarding it to "the appropriate department".

Today I contacted the folks at Otterbox asking for a Kindle specific waterproof bag or container and have been told they have no plans to make one at this time.

Who are you writing to?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:56 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
No one yet. But, based on my prior experience with regard to computer cases and the like, I have long since given up on most companies. My plan is to make my own.

As for content,I'll mostly stick to the classics I can get for free until and unless someone can convince me that paying more for ebooks than I do for paperbacks is logical.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2008, 08:50 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I also wrote to St. Martin's press directing them to threads here at MobileRead and on the Amazon boards pointing out the issues people are having with the free topas formatted books. One of them froze my Kindle. They've all been deleted.

I'll post if, and when I hear back.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:21 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
As for content,I'll mostly stick to the classics I can get for free until and unless someone can convince me that paying more for ebooks than I do for paperbacks is logical.
Why would you buy a Kindle if this is the case? Classics are "free" both in terms of cost and format. If I were only going to read classics I would stick with the Sony 505, the most affordable eInk reader out there ($268 vs $359).

Actually, other than classics the books of Baen (free), BooksForABuck, Steven Jordan Books, Scifi-az.com all have books at the $2-$6 level which is very reasonable. Still, not the Kindle store, so why the extra $100 for that device.

Just curious... I like both my Kindle and my Sony.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote