Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-13-2014, 10:59 AM   #1
mick1
mick1 began at the beginning.

Device: none
PDF on Jetbook colour 2

Hey folks, this is my first post here. I've been waiting for a full-size colour eReader for several years (before the iPad was announced / released) that I can use for reading academic papers. It would be nice to save trees and not carry a stack of paper around with me. I have an iPad, but reading on it kills my eyes.

So, my question is: is there anyone out there with a Jetbook colour 2 that uses it for this? If so, how does it work? Or, alternatively, would some kind person out there mind taking a photo of the Jetbook displaying a science PDF if I emailed one to them?

Thanks in advance!
mick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #2
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
I would advise against it. The page background is dark and muddy in all but the brightest of lighting conditions and the device software is slow and clunky. Have a look here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...94#post1961494 or here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...88#post1978288

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2014, 09:05 AM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick1 View Post
Hey folks, this is my first post here. I've been waiting for a full-size colour eReader for several years (before the iPad was announced / released) that I can use for reading academic papers. It would be nice to save trees and not carry a stack of paper around with me. I have an iPad, but reading on it kills my eyes.

So, my question is: is there anyone out there with a Jetbook colour 2 that uses it for this? If so, how does it work? Or, alternatively, would some kind person out there mind taking a photo of the Jetbook displaying a science PDF if I emailed one to them?

Thanks in advance!
I'd be highly interested as well.
But all the reviews about Jetbook Color and similar devices, for example the PocketBook Color Lux http://www.pocketbook-int.com/de/pro...book-color-lux are devastating.
I didn't find a single review with a single positive aspect...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote