Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 08:50 PM   #31
Kenneth_irl
Addict
Kenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneKenneth_irl makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kindle 3 + Paperwhite 7th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmilo View Post
I simply love some of those. Very nice.

Edit:

And so many !

Last edited by Kenneth_irl; 02-09-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Kenneth_irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:31 AM   #32
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmilo View Post
Very, very nice. Once I scrolled to the bottom, I subscribed in Google Reader.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 12:29 AM   #33
chyron8472
Groupie
chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5, Amazon Fire 5th Gen, Moto Z Play Droid
For the sake of consistency, I put the border around mine.

Here is a template border.

---
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	link01.gif
Views:	516
Size:	412.0 KB
ID:	66869   Click image for larger version

Name:	link02.gif
Views:	490
Size:	392.3 KB
ID:	66870   Click image for larger version

Name:	thundercats01.gif
Views:	466
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	66872   Click image for larger version

Name:	trek01.gif
Views:	472
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	66873   Click image for larger version

Name:	lotr01.gif
Views:	579
Size:	391.7 KB
ID:	66894  

Last edited by chyron8472; 02-22-2011 at 12:48 PM.
chyron8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #34
chyron8472
Groupie
chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5, Amazon Fire 5th Gen, Moto Z Play Droid
Does anyone have/know where I can get an image of the Kindle boot screen? (not the one with the definition of kindle)

I like the clean look of it, with the Amazon Kindle logo at the top center (as my Kindle skin covers up the logo on the case)
chyron8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:51 AM   #35
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by chyron8472 View Post
Does anyone have/know where I can get an image of the Kindle boot screen? (not the one with the definition of kindle)

I like the clean look of it, with the Amazon Kindle logo at the top center (as my Kindle skin covers up the logo on the case)
This thread might answer your question - probably not what you want to hear though...

An alternative may be to create your own using the logos provided here?

Last edited by orlok; 02-25-2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: tidied up urls
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #36
Ferenczy
Ferenczy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 WiFi
...not sure where but I saw someone else was using movie posters and it sent me off on a tangent...

https://picasaweb.google.com/ferenczy68
Ferenczy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #37
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
I use family pics - being so far from home it's nice to see a friendly face inthe morning - didn't bother recolouring them just changed size to 600 x 800 and they look ok
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #38
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Planet
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	planet.gif
Views:	505
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	67119  
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #39
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
I use some of Haeckel's plates as screensavers (they're in the public domain). They are sized for the K3
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Haeckel_Acephala.png
Views:	654
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	67120   Click image for larger version

Name:	Haeckel_Ascidiae.png
Views:	568
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	67121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Haeckel_Ascomycetes.png
Views:	563
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	67122   Click image for larger version

Name:	Haeckel_Discomedusae_8.png
Views:	614
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	67123   Click image for larger version

Name:	Haeckel_Lichenes.png
Views:	570
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	67124   Click image for larger version

Name:	Haeckel_Ophiodea_70.png
Views:	566
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	67125   Click image for larger version

Name:	Haeckel_Orchidae.png
Views:	912
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	67126   Click image for larger version

Name:	Haeckel_Prosobranchia.png
Views:	578
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	67127   Click image for larger version

Name:	Haeckel_Trochilidae.png
Views:	1271
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	67128  
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #40
JerryinOCMD
Enthusiast
JerryinOCMD will become famous soon enoughJerryinOCMD will become famous soon enoughJerryinOCMD will become famous soon enoughJerryinOCMD will become famous soon enoughJerryinOCMD will become famous soon enoughJerryinOCMD will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3
What's the ideal file size? I made a screensaver from one of my favorite pics of our dog (he died a few years ago) and it's around 200KB.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	shogo1.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	67154  
JerryinOCMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #41
billmilo
Connoisseur
billmilo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
nicely done everybody
billmilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:27 AM   #42
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Kindle for ZX Spectrum
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	zxkindle.png
Views:	581
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	67174  
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #43
maverixxx
maverixxx began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Just posted most of my current screens on imgur a few of my faves....

Moderator Notice
Images removed because of copyright concerns.

the rest of the links are here http://www.reddit.com/r/kindle/comme...y_current_200/

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-03-2011 at 11:24 AM.
maverixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #44
quasiv
quasiv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
I use some of Haeckel's plates as screensavers (they're in the public domain). They are sized for the K3
Very nice. Love when stuff is in the public domain.

I haven't got around to doing anything original yet - just grabbed ones I liked from tumblr and google searches on 600x800 b&w images. Here are a few things I resized and/or cleaned up. The pixel ones are kinda cheesy, but I like 'em. And the Mike Mignola, Charles Burns ones are my faves - I go for the high contrast images...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	00001_Please wait.png
Views:	381
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	67277   Click image for larger version

Name:	00002_mignola skull.png
Views:	6358
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	67278   Click image for larger version

Name:	00008_invader.png
Views:	429
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	67279   Click image for larger version

Name:	00011_JD.png
Views:	1842
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	67280   Click image for larger version

Name:	Modern horror.PNG
Views:	369
Size:	358.5 KB
ID:	67281  
quasiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:46 PM   #45
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasiv View Post
Very nice. Love when stuff is in the public domain.

I haven't got around to doing anything original yet - just grabbed ones I liked from tumblr and google searches on 600x800 b&w images....I go for the high contrast images...
Nice screensavers.

I'll give you a piece of friendly advice...don't scroll too far if using your search criteria for Rockwell Kent without selecting black & white.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote