Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 10-19-2018, 09:53 AM   #211
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierro78 View Post
Did you reboot after these actions ?
Yes, I did.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:59 PM   #212
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by fduniho View Post
I got update BYRead-V1.0.3-2018101819 last night. BySettings was renamed UserSettings, Settings was renamed Android Setings, and a new App Store appeared. I found Google Play Store in this app store and installed it, but it would not run. I then checked the gear icon in the Apps Settings and found the "Enable Google Framework" option. I turned this option on, but Google Play Store still does not work. When I tap the icon, it does not run. Is there anything else I can do to get Google to work? I have an early model that did not get Google Play earlier.
Did you get a link from the Amazon seller - or whoever you bought your device from - for a manual firmware upgrade? I also have one of the early devices, and was told that this was necessary for Play Store to work. What you get basically wipes clean your device and installs the Play Store-friendly firmware that later buyers got. If you didn't get that link, or upgrade in that way, Play Store won't work. Ask the seller for the upgrade files. And ask again, if necessary. I have them, but I had to promise that I would share them with no one before I got them - so I can't offer them to you (or anyone else).

Once you do that, Play Store will work.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:55 PM   #213
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
I think "fduniho" got the update via OTA like I did this morning. I just woke Mars from sleep mode & saw a msg about a system update; downloaded & installed.

Google Play store doesn't work even when framework is enabled; Gmail says google services is missing & won't run without it.

Tried the "next to the latest" ver of google services for arm64-8a at appmirror & play store popped up with a blank screen which I thought meant google account manager was needed. Installed google account manager & got the same blank screen.

Gmail says I need to update google services before it will run.

The system upgrade is a botched installed as someone forgot include some needed files. Poorly done; hope Boyue is not following how m$ or apple does the upgrades.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:24 PM   #214
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
I think "fduniho" got the update via OTA like I did this morning. I just woke Mars from sleep mode & saw a msg about a system update; downloaded & installed.

Google Play store doesn't work even when framework is enabled; Gmail says google services is missing & won't run without it.

Tried the "next to the latest" ver of google services for arm64-8a at appmirror & play store popped up with a blank screen which I thought meant google account manager was needed. Installed google account manager & got the same blank screen.

Gmail says I need to update google services before it will run.

The system upgrade is a botched installed as someone forgot include some needed files. Poorly done; hope Boyue is not following how m$ or apple does the upgrades.
Yes. I got that OTA update this morning as well. But I had already done the manual update, so Play Store already was working for me.

I could be wrong - but my understanding of what the Amazon seller said was that, if you have one of the "first batch" of our devices, the only way to get Google stuff to work is to get a manual update downloaded from Boyue that in effect wipes the device and installs Google-capable firmware. I was told that an OTA update, by itself, wouldn't do it. Why? I don't have a clue! But it seems to be the case.

What confuses me is that the Amazon seller seems to have told different people different things. A few of us here - like me - got the link to the manual update. Others were told that they needed to send in the device to get the update done. Still others were told that all they could do was get a refund.

The Amazon seller should email you a link to download this manual firmware update, along with the instructions. (I say "should", assuming that the seller wants to follow good, ethical business practices.) AFAIK, it's the only way to get Play Store running. It sucks, yes, but that seems to be the way it is.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:29 PM   #215
ivanvt
ivanvt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofrobot View Post
I can confirm that refresh in MR is working!
What do you mean by MR is working?

I open a book in MR and the refresh rate (using default settings) is horrible, it refreshes every page turn and it takes a good couple of seconds to refresh, perhaps i am missing something?

I still think the default reader is good enough but its missing dictionaries, does anyone know how to add more?
ivanvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:43 PM   #216
DarkCookie
Developer
DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The V1.0.3 Auto-Refresh is working well with ChallengerViewer, but there is bug in Boyue settings. Setting "Never" works as refresh on every page (fortunately there is "40 pages" option).

Whoever first brings me RyhmeZone apk in newest version (>= 2.0) I can reward him by converting it to a dictionary format or by sending one of my apps (list in my previous message).

Last edited by DarkCookie; 10-19-2018 at 06:04 PM.
DarkCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:24 PM   #217
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
I've installed the MW dictionary & have set MR+ to use the MW as the dictionary to use; it works.

For the "basic"/installed reader, go to user settings -> apps -> MW; select MW then select "open by default"; then set "open supported links" & select 'open in this app'. After that, the Supported links line item will list the MW.com & related urls.

No idea if the setting really use the MW url or the installed MW or another dictionary. The problem with the Boyue reader is that MW seems to need to have the selected word to do the "dict" twice(?) as the 1st time the MW is displayed but not the word; going back to the text, & unselect/select the word again MW loads & a list of words is displayed. Usable but not fast or ideal.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #218
thatguyatdennys
thatguyatdennys began at the beginning.

Device: AuraHD, Likebook Mars
Stupid questions as I plan to get one for myself and a second for my wife:

1. I'm a fan of rotating wallpapers each time a device is put in sleep mode (like on the Kobo or Kindle). Is this supported on the Mars?

2. Has anyone tried eReader Prestigio, Bookari, or the regular Kindle app?

3. Is there a built-in reader for comics? If not, does ComicRack work?

4. What's the battery life like for basic reading with the lights down low and wifi off?
thatguyatdennys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:27 PM   #219
micha123
micha123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCookie View Post
App for enforcing status bar in attachment.
* Automatic Text To Speech for dictionary.
Does it mean with this app it is possible to use TTS like Ivona, Google or SVOX together with other reading Apps like Alreader or Moon+ Reader Pro.

---

I am asking, because I am looking for a new 6-8' Android e-ink reader with Android 4.4+ (I could install the local library app), Play Store, TTS, 3,5' headphone jacket or bluetooth audio, SD card slot optional.

So far I have found no Android replacement for my broken Imcosys ImcoV6L. It wasn't sold with Play Store and TTS neather. And because of missing options within the system settings, I had to modify Settings.apk. Without modified Settings.apk, reading Apps couldn't find the installed TTS. Starting at zero and no community solutions for the ImcoV6L available, it was a very hard run for me doing this. I wasn't aware adding TTS would be this compilcated, more like installing another App and the ImcoV6L was already rooted by default...
---

Suggestions? Buying a Likebook Mars or would I be disappointed, no TTS?

My first thought was buying a Onyx Boox. But the Kepler Pro seems to be sold out. The C67ML Carta2 is too expensive after import to Germany (and no Android 4.4+) compared to the Likebook Mars or Plus as well.

If I would go with 1024x758 again, the Onyx Boox C67ML Carta+ seems to be an option (around 120 USD). But it wouldn't be a upgrade compared to my old Imcosys. But there is a C67 Youtube Video demonstrating Oreader and TTS.
micha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 05:14 PM   #220
ivanvt
ivanvt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyatdennys View Post
Stupid questions as I plan to get one for myself and a second for my wife:

1. I'm a fan of rotating wallpapers each time a device is put in sleep mode (like on the Kobo or Kindle). Is this supported on the Mars?

2. Has anyone tried eReader Prestigio, Bookari, or the regular Kindle app?

3. Is there a built-in reader for comics? If not, does ComicRack work?

4. What's the battery life like for basic reading with the lights down low and wifi off?
1. Do you mean having the book cover as the wallpaper/sleep screen? if so, then no, you will always see the default Likebook wallpaper.
2. Kindle App works well.
4. Battery life is good with all power savings enable, i can read at least 20 hours without charging.
ivanvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 08:19 PM   #221
DarkCookie
Developer
DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkCookie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Does it mean with this app it is possible to use TTS like Ivona, Google or SVOX together with other reading Apps like Alreader or Moon+ Reader Pro.
Yes, but it needs adjustment for each reading application. I am using Google TTS with Alreader for a long time.

Quote:
3. (...) does ComicRack work?
ComicRack works.

Last edited by DarkCookie; 10-21-2018 at 08:25 PM.
DarkCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:34 AM   #222
Sonofrobot
Connoisseur
Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Sonofrobot is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanvt View Post
What do you mean by MR is working?

I open a book in MR and the refresh rate (using default settings) is horrible, it refreshes every page turn and it takes a good couple of seconds to refresh, perhaps i am missing something?

I still think the default reader is good enough but its missing dictionaries, does anyone know how to add more?
Do you have the latest update?
After installing the new update, MR is abiding by the refresh settings in "User Settings" (previously BySettings). I have mine set to 5 pages and MR is refreshing every 5 pages. Refresh on mine is quick, definitely not taking seconds on mine. If it's really taking seconds to refresh, I would assume you have something else going on.
Sonofrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:07 PM   #223
welcomyou
welcomyou is a jewel in the roughwelcomyou is a jewel in the roughwelcomyou is a jewel in the roughwelcomyou is a jewel in the roughwelcomyou is a jewel in the roughwelcomyou is a jewel in the roughwelcomyou is a jewel in the roughwelcomyou is a jewel in the roughwelcomyou is a jewel in the roughwelcomyou is a jewel in the roughwelcomyou is a jewel in the rough

Device: Likebook Mars
How is the battery? My Likebook Mars consumes about 5% per hour (idle, no wifi, no reading, but not sleeping, just always show home page)
welcomyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:21 PM   #224
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Is anyone able to switch apps using either some app that provides you with a Recents button (like Button Savior) or using Alt+Tab from a Bluetooth keyboard? I'm not able to switch apps apart from going back to Home and then look for the apps in the apps drawer and then when I want to switch back do the same thing all over again. This is quite annoying, as it means that I effectively cannot multitask, which makes having 2GB Ram and an octa-core CPU a bit pointless.
The fact no one has complained about this before makes me wonder if I'm doing anything wrong, or if I'm just the only one who'd like to be able to switch between apps in some practical way?
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:23 PM   #225
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzli View Post
Is anyone able to switch apps using either some app that provides you with a Recents button (like Button Savior) or using Alt+Tab from a Bluetooth keyboard? I'm not able to switch apps apart from going back to Home and then look for the apps in the apps drawer and then when I want to switch back do the same thing all over again. This is quite annoying, as it means that I effectively cannot multitask, which makes having 2GB Ram and an octa-core CPU a bit pointless.
The fact no one has complained about this before makes me wonder if I'm doing anything wrong, or if I'm just the only one who'd like to be able to switch between apps in some practical way?
I already complained about not being able to multitask, and I learned that in power management, all apps are set to be killed when another app starts running. You can make exceptions in power management for apps you want to run in the background of other apps.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote