Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-16-2018, 02:31 PM   #1
Teeny
Enthusiast
Teeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle PW 11th
Downloading metadata and count pages help

Okay I have my TBR library that I want to sort by page. I'm downloading the metadata for the books and then I do the Estimate Page Counts but I get very few results and they are wrong too. Also sometimes I'm getting word count and not page count.

I have the Goodreads sync plugin, I have the Goodreads for downloading metadata plugin and I have the Count Pages plugin.

I'm using calibre 3.31 in a W7 laptop.

I've attached pictures for my customization of the plugins. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Also how and where can I customize to only download the goodreads ID and not ISBNs, ASINs or anything else
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	count_pages_1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	166960   Click image for larger version

Name:	count_pages_2.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	166961   Click image for larger version

Name:	goodreads_sync.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	166963  
Teeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 04:27 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
For Count Pages you have #pages in the Page count custom column and the Word count custom column and the three Readability options

They each require a dedicated custom column., e.g. #pages, #words, #flesch, #flesch_kincaid, #gunning_fog

I don't use the Goodreads plugins, so I can't help with those settings.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:34 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeny View Post
Okay I have my TBR library that I want to sort by page. I'm downloading the metadata for the books and then I do the Estimate Page Counts but I get very few results and they are wrong too. Also sometimes I'm getting word count and not page count.

I have the Goodreads sync plugin, I have the Goodreads for downloading metadata plugin and I have the Count Pages plugin.

I'm using calibre 3.31 in a W7 laptop.

I've attached pictures for my customization of the plugins. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
As BR said, you are using the same column for all the statistics. I have no idea which will end up in the column.
Quote:
Also how and where can I customize to only download the goodreads ID and not ISBNs, ASINs or anything else
You screenshot of the Goodreads Sync plugin shows an option about setting the ISBN. It is set to always overwrite. Change that to the never modify value.

The Goodreads metadata source plugin will also get the ISBN. But, it shouldn't replace it. In fact, if the ISBN exists, then it will be used to search for the book. And if you choose the book found that way, the ISBN won't be updated. If there isn't an ISBN, or it doesn't match the book you want, the plugin will supply the ISBN back to calibre to decide what to do. And in this case, updating the ISBN sounds like the correct action.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:36 AM   #4
Teeny
Enthusiast
Teeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
For Count Pages you have #pages in the Page count custom column and the Word count custom column and the three Readability options

They each require a dedicated custom column., e.g. #pages, #words, #flesch, #flesch_kincaid, #gunning_fog

I don't use the Goodreads plugins, so I can't help with those settings.

BR
I put the blank option for the #flesch, #flesch_kincaid, #gunning_fog but can't I just have the page count? 'cos I don't want a column for the words.

EDIT: I re-checked the thread for the Count Page plugin and I followed the instructions to make a Pages column. So not sure what I did wrong or what I should fix.

Last edited by Teeny; 10-17-2018 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:38 AM   #5
Teeny
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As BR said, you are using the same column for all the statistics. I have no idea which will end up in the column.

You screenshot of the Goodreads Sync plugin shows an option about setting the ISBN. It is set to always overwrite. Change that to the never modify value.

The Goodreads metadata source plugin will also get the ISBN. But, it shouldn't replace it. In fact, if the ISBN exists, then it will be used to search for the book. And if you choose the book found that way, the ISBN won't be updated. If there isn't an ISBN, or it doesn't match the book you want, the plugin will supply the ISBN back to calibre to decide what to do. And in this case, updating the ISBN sounds like the correct action.
Thanks I changed the Goodreads Sync for the ISBN now to see if I can just have the pages calculated and not the words
Old 10-17-2018, 03:43 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I put the blank option for the #flesch, #flesch_kincaid, #gunning_fog but can't I just have the page count? 'cos I don't want a column for the words.

EDIT: I re-checked the thread for the Count Page plugin and I followed the instructions to make a Pages column. So not sure what I did wrong or what I should fix.
Are you saying the following doesn't work?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	166972

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 07:47 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Thanks I changed the Goodreads Sync for the ISBN now to see if I can just have the pages calculated and not the words
That option has no affect on whether the Count Pages plugin can download the page count, or will do the word count. The page count download uses the Goodreads identifier. That can be set using the Goodreads Sync plugin, it is usually set when downloading metadata.

BR has shown you how to not do the word count. Simply don't set the option.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:24 PM   #8
Teeny
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Are you saying the following doesn't work?

Attachment 166972

BR
I didn't realize I had that there. Once I did I changed it and it works as it should right now ^^

thank you guys for the help.