Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-17-2018, 09:47 AM   #3886
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Yeah. I can see where when it's a two-for-one sale, it can be worth getting one kinda-sorta want to hear for the sale of getting another for free. But to blow two credits you could use on two books you really want to hear for three books of marginal interest? A poor value, IMO.
Yep, this is a horrible way to spend two credits. The least they could've done was to let you buy any two books from their entire catalog and then let you pick a third one for free from the promo list.

It's in Audible's best interests to make sure members have 0 credits available at all times. That's why they have these types of sales. That way when another good book a member is interested in becomes available, they're forced to either buy more credits or pay member pricing for it. Monkey sees through their "evil" plan
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:42 PM   #3887
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
<snip>
It's in Audible's best interests to make sure members have 0 credits available at all times. That's why they have these types of sales. That way when another good book a member is interested in becomes available, they're forced to either buy more credits or pay member pricing for it. Monkey sees through their "evil" plan
Maybe with this particular kind of sale. But how do you explain the periodic sales that Amazon has, where all audiobooks--and you can get all that your little ole' pea-picken heart desires--are, say, just $5.95 each? And usually, if not always, we "Inactive Listeners" (I still hate that moniker!) can participate. And we only pay a measly (sp?) $9.95 per year for that privilege? What's your theory for that Mr. Monkey? Huh? huh?
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:15 AM   #3888
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 18 Sep @ 11:59 PM BST
  • £1.99 -- Gilded Cage (book 1) -- Vic James --> fantasy
Old 09-18-2018, 04:12 PM   #3889
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
FREE Audible Audiobooks. Not a Gimmick.

Get an Audible audiobook _free_, once every one or two weeks.

That's the promise of a small publisher, Lighthouse Publishing Company, of North Carolina (LPC).

"Surely, there has to be a "catch" or a "gotcha." Not that I could find. There are a couple of reasonable caveats and conditions. One is that you don't get to choose specific audiobooks--you do get to choose the genre(s) that you want to receive audiobooks from, however. There are about 6 or 7 genres. Secondly, you must agree to be put on a mailing list; however, if it's the one that I've been on, the messages are not all that frequent, and in the ones that you do get, there are frequent offers of _free_ ebooks!

Observing LPC over the last 3 years or so, I am impressed by their high standards in ebook publication. I expect the same high quality in the choices of audiobooks that they will be offering.

How it works, as I understand it, is that you receive an Audible code. You plug that code into the appropriate place on the Audible website. And then you get the _free_ download.

LPC publishes books intended for Christians. But the religious aspect in most of their books appears to be subdued. I expect that the policy behind that will carry over into their audiobook offerings.

https://lpcbooks.com/get-free-audiob...d=de41f8d92com.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 09-18-2018 at 04:20 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:24 PM   #3890
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 18 Sep @ 11:59 PM PT
Old 09-19-2018, 10:26 AM   #3891
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 19 Sep @ 11:59 PM BST
  • £1.99 -- Irongran -- Edwina Brocklesby --> NF memoir

* Irongran: How Triathlon Taught Me That Growing Older Needn't Mean Slowing Down
Old 09-19-2018, 10:52 AM   #3892
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Downpour -- Rental of the Week -- exp 24 Sep
  • $1.99 -- Path of the Dead -- Mark Langley/ Bronson Pinchot --> 6.0 hrs --> mystery
Quote:
Arthur Nakai Mysteries (book 1)

The battle is one of wits and cunning, where the strong heart will overcome his enemy.

Ex-marine Arthur Nakai spent years as a member of the Shadow Wolves, an ICE tactical unit tasked by the US government to hunt human traffickers and drug smugglers on the US/Mexico border. He put that life of confronting violence in the darker contours of the desert landscape behind him and settled into a quiet existence in New Mexico with his wife, Sharon, a local TV reporter.

But when Sharon goes missing after crossing paths with a serial killer who has just added to his list of young victims, Arthur’s calm world is shattered. He must return to the darkness of the life he left behind in order to save what matters most to him, and the future he and his wife plan to share together. He can only hope that she is still alive, and that his skills will be enough to find her.

So begins the hunt—to find a ruthless killer and save the love of his life.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:11 PM   #3893
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Amazingly enough, I just got the $5 credit, even though my only pre-order was a freebie:

Quote:
Congratulations!

You've earned a $5 coupon for pre-ordering between September 9, 2018 and September 15, 2018. This coupon can be used towards the purchase of any title in our store! (Please note: the coupon applies to cash purchases only, and will not apply to orders purchased with membership credits.)

To redeem your coupon, please click the link below.

The link expires on October 19, and the $5 coupon will expire 30 days after redemption.

Happy listening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Based on this sentence in @Issybird's post with the quote of the details of the offer, I doubt that the free pre-order is going to activate the $5 credit. Still worth trying, since free is free , but I suspect this means it won't work:
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:09 PM   #3894
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Amazingly enough, I just got the $5 credit, even though my only pre-order was a freebie:
Same here
Old 09-19-2018, 05:02 PM   #3895
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Daily Deals -- exp 19 Sep @ 11:59 PM PT

* Bushido Online: The Battle Begins
Old 09-19-2018, 07:06 PM   #3896
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Bummer... I should've gone for a free book!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:01 PM   #3897
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Same here
And yet, I pre-ordered a full book, and nothing. Sigh. I HATE having to deal with support! I don't have TIME for this. For $5, it really doesn't make sense to spend a half hour trying to get it sorted.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:13 PM   #3898
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
OK, I confess. It took me longer to figure out how to get them to open a chat window than it did to get them to issue the credit once I had it open.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:39 PM   #3899
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible UK -- Daily Deal -- exp 20 Sep @ 11:59 PM BST
  • £1.99 -- Obsidio (book 3) -- Amie Kaufman, et al --> sci-fi
Old 09-20-2018, 01:42 PM   #3900
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
OK, I confess. It took me longer to figure out how to get them to open a chat window than it did to get them to issue the credit once I had it open.
Guess I need to do this and get my credit
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote