Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-05-2008, 02:11 PM   #16
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You may find a lot of the Mobipocket eBooks here to have poor metadata because they were generated with Book Designer. This is where Mobi2Mobi comes in very handy.
I noticed that and am still picking away at the home comp to get it to work. My son is getting married this weekend and the Spousal Unit is getting irritated at me for spending time not hauling stuff around for that, for some reason.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:33 AM   #17
kudzu
kudzu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I find I can rename books after connecting the Kindle to my PC and going into the Kindle filenames to change it how I want. For instance, I removed the "The" in some titles to show after the title so they would be alphabetized right. I included the author's name in the new title too.

If you want to sort by authors, list author first and then the name of the book. Disconnect Kindle from PC and the titles are changed. Some hassle, but I don't follow prior tech talk all that well, and it works for me.

Thanks for the forum, K.
kudzu is offline   Reply With Quote