Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
andy60
andy60 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Feature Request - Amazon Reviews

Don't know if this would be possible. But including an Amazon rating column would greatly help with large libraries.
andy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy60 View Post
Don't know if this would be possible. But including an Amazon rating column would greatly help with large libraries.
Rating (stars) sources already include Amazon

Go to Preferences: Metadata download

You can configure overall or by source
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #3
andy60

Thanks for the reply, but...

How can I configure the bulk metadata download to download these ratings? Every time I try to run it, it downloads everything but these. I even selected only ratings under the configuration, and it still will not download these. the only way I can seem to get them is to download for each individual ebook.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
It would be more realistic to include a GoodReads rating column. We already know that some Amazon reviews are tainted by deliberate 1-star or 5-star reviews that have nothing to do with the book.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
andy60

nevermind...figured it out. just didn't wait till the metadata download was complete.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
andy60

Is it possible to do this with good reads?
Old 12-12-2011, 05:26 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not to my knowledge. But I would hope someone could write a plug-in to do it.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:46 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Is it possible to do this with good reads?
Yes, just install the Goodreads metadata plugin. For other plugin information check out the The Index of plugins sticky post. The nice thing about this plugin is it lets you map the Goodreads Genres to your own personal use Tags. I wrote about this feature and shared my mappings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Not to my knowledge. But I would hope someone could write a plug-in to do it.
The Goodreads metadata plugin has been available in one form or another since 2-16-2011. Current version (linked above) combines the original goodreads metadata and goodreads cover plugins into one metadata download plugin.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-13-2011 at 04:51 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Getting covers from GoodReads is a bad idea. I've seen too many covers with really poor quality plus the maximum size is too small.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:30 PM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Getting covers from GoodReads is a bad idea. I've seen too many covers with really poor quality plus the maximum size is too small.
I know you are aware of this but for those who are not aware I provide the following suggestion. If you don't want covers from Goodreads then don't choose the cover from Goodreads presented for download. If you're doing a bulk download then change the priority for covers from Goodreads to ensure they aren't the first priority for downloading.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:06 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I know you are aware of this but for those who are not aware I provide the following suggestion. If you don't want covers from Goodreads then don't choose the cover from Goodreads presented for download. If you're doing a bulk download then change the priority for covers from Goodreads to ensure they aren't the first priority for downloading.
You could lower the cover priority for GR to 5
I tend to prefer Fantastic Fiction. Nice color balance (some others are too saturated), so I rate my cover sources with FF being 1

Last edited by theducks; 12-14-2011 at 11:07 PM. Reason: lower, not raise
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, column, feature, feature request, review