Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-16-2015, 03:46 PM   #1
bivab
bivab began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Calibre full screen mode doesn't honor User CSS?

I'm having trouble changing the look and feel of Calibre's full screen mode. The User CSS can change the font size and color, but I can't seem to change the top/bottom margins, or text justification. Right now, the text is justified and I want it to be aligned left. Also, there are no margins at the top or bottom, creating a shadow at the top. I'd like to add a margin to the top and bottom.

Here's my User CSS:

Code:
@page { margin-top: 32px; margin-bottom: 32px }
body {
color: rgb(124,124,124);
background-color:rgb(20,20,20);
line-spacing:2.0;
margin-top:32px !important;
margin-bottom:32px !important;
text-align: left !important;
}
The @page, margin-top/bottom, and text-align lines don't seem to have any effect on calibre's full screen mode. Am I missing something?
bivab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:59 PM   #2
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
IIRC, the calibre ebook view has a "page mode" it probably has to be in before those css rules work.
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2015, 05:32 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There are dedicated settings for page margins in the viewer preferences, use those.

And CSS provides no reliable method to override settings. At a minimum you have to use !important and hope that the document you are vieweing does not use !important as well.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:01 PM   #4
bivab
bivab began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Section8 View Post
IIRC, the calibre ebook view has a "page mode" it probably has to be in before those css rules work.
Thanks, I should have specified that I didn't want to use paged mode because it can't scroll.

Quote:
There are dedicated settings for page margins in the viewer preferences, use those.

And CSS provides no reliable method to override settings. At a minimum you have to use !important and hope that the document you are vieweing does not use !important as well.
The page margin settings in the preferences only apply to paged mode, unfortunately.

Thanks for your help.
I guess this means that there's no way to change the top/bottom margins in non-paged mode.
bivab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:04 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, it's not paged, therefore, page margins dont apply.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert