Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-04-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
pappcam
pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Question Metadata comments as book summary

I use the comments box in the metadata editor to put the book summary in. I then convert the book epub>epub and have it set so the summary is immediately after the cover page so it can be used as a sort of summary or preview of a book before reading it.

Something is happening to the font size lately when I do this as part of the summary will be in tiny font while some will be in a large font. It all looks fine in the metadata editor page but it looks wrong in the built in Calibre ebook viewer and on my Sony PRS-350. This has only started happening in the last week or so.

I'd appreciate any advice.
pappcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Are you pasting the comments from somewhere? Try selecting the full text of the comment in the edit metadata dialog and clicking the green recycle button to remove all formatting.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2011, 11:39 PM   #3
pappcam
pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.pappcam knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Are you pasting the comments from somewhere? Try selecting the full text of the comment in the edit metadata dialog and clicking the green recycle button to remove all formatting.
Actually I just realized that I was using a certain website for the last few summaries and figured it must be the text formatting. I'll use the clear formatting button and re-convert them and check it out.

Thanks for the extremely quick reply.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:29 AM   #4
pappcam

That did the trick!

Thanks again.