Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #16
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8npwrfl View Post
Has anyone else that has seen the signon screen freeze problem updated their firmware themselves ?
I have two JBL units bought in mid-December and I have updated both to .15 firmware - no problems whatsoever. The update took just under 10 minutes each time, and the initial boot after the update seemed to take a long time too but everything functional thereafter.

I have been using both rechargeables and regular alkaline batteries (when I can't wait for a recharge to complete) and have all my books on SD cards and load via a card reader. I have *never* plugged the units into the USB port for anything. All my books are two levels down in the file structure on the SD cards - one folder for each author, and books within that folder named with the book title, no odd punctuation, just letters, numbers and _ in the filenames. Try to keep things really really simple, but can't tell if that makes any difference.
ngrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:04 PM   #17
Highroller
Zealot
Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Jetbook Lite, Slick Er-701
Mine froze up and had to be returned for replacement. If it is indeed caused by firmware updates then I will just not do any more updates. None of the updates have addressed my concerns anyways. My main concern is the huge amount of blank space between lines on html e-books. However I did try to reload the firmware before I sent it back. It stuck at same place in that process as it did before I tried it. I have asked the tech support what is causing the problem. No answer so far.
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2010, 07:06 PM   #18
Highroller
Zealot
Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

All my books are two levels down in the file structure on the SD cards - one folder for each author, and books within that folder named with the book title, no odd punctuation, just letters, numbers and _ in the filenames. Try to keep things really really simple, but can't tell if that makes any difference.[/QUOTE]

The only gotcha I have found on file names is that they cant have a ( in them ie (v1.0).html will not load. v1.0.html without the () WILL load.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:41 PM   #19
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
The next time someone has a jetbook lock up on them I would be interested to know if attempting to boot the system with the usb plugged into the PC makes any difference and even if the unit does not show it completed the boot process can the PC see the jetbook.
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:43 AM   #20
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
whoops.. wrong thread.

Last edited by artifact; 03-03-2010 at 03:46 AM.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2010, 07:21 PM   #21
Highroller
Zealot

Well my lockup seemed a little different. My screen didn't blank it just froze. On reset it stuck on the Jetbook- Lite screen even when I tried to reload the firmware it froze same place for an hour. They replaced it. I wrote and asked what caused the problem, ie hardware or software? This is the replay I got via email

Thank You for Your email.
This is not the problem of neither hardware, nor software. This is the problem of compatibility of hardware with software. We are planning to release new updates shortly that would exclude such problems in future. Updates are available for free of charge for all Customers regardless date of purchase. Please, feel free to contact me if You have any questions.

So to me if they are gonna fix it with a firmware update then its a software problem.