Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
fierfek
fierfek will become famous soon enoughfierfek will become famous soon enoughfierfek will become famous soon enoughfierfek will become famous soon enoughfierfek will become famous soon enoughfierfek will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505 and Jetbook Lite
question about jetbook lite screen

I have a prs-505 that i really like. i was thinking about getting my wife the jetbook lite. how does the screen compare since it is not eink but the reflective lcd.

thanks
fierfek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #2
Slash5
Slash5 is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook, Sony PRS-505
I have both the Sony 505 and the Libre.
While the screens are very different, I don't find one better or worse than the other. The white screen on the Sony is cool but I find the letters are just the smallest bit fuzzy and somewhat gray. The Jetbook has the brownish gray background but the letters are sharper and blacker. You need to be a bit more careful of your lighting on the Jetbook. I find it better than the Sony in very bright light.
The battery life on the Jetbook is not nearly as good as the Sony, but then again it's not an issue. The Jetbook needs regular recharge but not so often that it affects your reading. The Sony lasts so long you are surprised when it wants charging.

I use my Jetbook every day - my Sony has been loaned out and I might sell it. I just find the size of the Jetbook much nicer - it fits in a jacket pocket and it fits in the hand better.
The only thing that bothers me on the Jetbook is that both of the page turn buttons are on the left side.
Slash5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #3
File
File can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blueFile can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Was wondering how long the battery life on the jetbook after a pretty long time of use (over 3 months?) holds up.
File is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Still getting 18-20 hours on mine after 6 months of using it every day.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:50 PM   #5
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierfek View Post
I have a prs-505 that i really like. i was thinking about getting my wife the jetbook lite. how does the screen compare since it is not eink but the reflective lcd.

thanks
you can find this information here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45593
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 10:54 PM   #6
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by File View Post
Was wondering how long the battery life on the jetbook after a pretty long time of use (over 3 months?) holds up.
I use jetBook more than one year and charge it one time per week (about 20 hours non stop reading). NewEgg sell Black jetBook for $169.99 and jetBook-Lite for $149.99
Old 12-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #7
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
The only thing that bothers me on the Jetbook is that both of the page turn buttons are on the left side.
You can turn the pages using the buttons on the right side.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:29 AM   #8
fierfek
fierfek will become famous soon enoughfierfek will become famous soon enoughfierfek will become famous soon enoughfierfek will become famous soon enoughfierfek will become famous soon enoughfierfek will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505 and Jetbook Lite
I decided to order one on Tues from newegg because of the deal they had. actually got in on wed. but will have to wait until christmas to test it when wife opens it.
fierfek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:11 PM   #9
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierfek View Post
I decided to order one on Tues from newegg because of the deal they had. actually got in on wed. but will have to wait until christmas to test it when wife opens it.
I'm sure your wife will like it Did you order jetBook or jetBook-Lite?
Old 12-18-2009, 01:24 AM   #10
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
Still getting 18-20 hours on mine after 6 months of using it every day.
I'll second this after 10 months. I also tend to charge mine all the way and read it down to 'critical' or the screen goes dead before plugging it in -- which I believe you aren't supposed to do with Litium ions.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:34 AM   #11
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Ohh as to right handed page turns, just change orrientation to landscape. Page turn key is now on right side.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:45 PM   #12
Highroller
Zealot
Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Jetbook Lite, Slick Er-701
I just bought a Jetbook Lite and overall I love it. I had a moment of panic when I first tried to load e-books on it and they wouldn't load. I eventually figured out it cant deal with ( in file name ie File Name (v1).html will not load. File Name v1.html WILL load. I miss the touchscreen of the ebookwise and the backlight but its worth it for the SD chip. Smartmedia is a real pita to find and its just getting harder.
Highroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:12 PM   #13
kabir
kabir began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook Lite
Quote:
Ohh as to right handed page turns, just change orrientation to landscape. Page turn key is now on right side.
How so? There is only one way to turn portrait to landscape. The turn key is still on the left side. Can you make it turn portrait to landscape in the other way?
kabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:11 PM   #14
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highroller View Post
I just bought a Jetbook Lite and overall I love it. I had a moment of panic when I first tried to load e-books on it and they wouldn't load. I eventually figured out it cant deal with ( in file name ie File Name (v1).html will not load. File Name v1.html WILL load. I miss the touchscreen of the ebookwise and the backlight but its worth it for the SD chip. Smartmedia is a real pita to find and its just getting harder.
IMO jetBook is a nice upgrade when compared to the eBookwise. That's what I used to use as well.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:26 AM   #15
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!

My bad, must have been on drugs when I said that.

Quote: