Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
runtmms
Connoisseur
runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Google Nexus 4
Audible - Storm Front $3.99 (Maybe not...)

I just picked up Storm Front by Jim Butcher at Audible.com for $3.99. I've got a free trial month and got snookered into buying something! It's read by James Marsters which is very cool - even if it isn't in his British Spike accent.

Last edited by runtmms; 01-03-2013 at 04:23 PM. Reason: New info
runtmms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Did you already own the Kindle ebook of Storm Front? That sounds like the Whispersync for Voice audiobook price.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
runtmms
Connoisseur
runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I do own Storm Front.

I'm such a n00b - I had no idea that was the reason. I have zero experience with Audible. I also own the other Dresden books and there was no such discount... Go figure.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
That sounds like the Whispersync for Voice audiobook price.
It is. If you don't already own the Kindle book it's $19.59 for members (or one credit) or $27.99 regular price.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by runtmms View Post
I do own Storm Front.

I'm such a n00b - I had no idea that was the reason. I have zero experience with Audible. I also own the other Dresden books and there was no such discount... Go figure.
I've snagged some great deals with the Whispersync for Voice discounts for matching Audible audiobooks.

Don't worry, now that you've joined Audible there will be lots of other audiobook deals you will have access to.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:23 AM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I love my Audible membership! I checked out Storm Front from Overdrive last year but I couldn't stand the narrator so I gave up after chapter 3. The voices were horrible. Very bad Narrator.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The voices were horrible. Very bad Narrator.
LOL, just goes to show that opinions can vary. I'm pretty indifferent to his narration, I could take it or leave it, but a lot of people rave about how great it is.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
LOL, just goes to show that opinions can vary. I'm pretty indifferent to his narration, I could take it or leave it, but a lot of people rave about how great it is.
I'm picky. I need a voice actor to keep me entertain not just someone reading me a story. Lorelei King has spoiled me. I have several other favorite narrators that I like but they mostly do romances.

My first experiences with Audio Books was the Harry Potter books I didn't know that audiobooks could be so exciting till I got one of the Stephanie Plum books read by Lorelei King then I found Jacob by Jacqueline Frank read by Xe Sands and I was hooked forever on Audio books. I bought every Xe Sands Audiobook that was romance I could find.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:31 AM   #9
runtmms
Connoisseur

I do agree the reader can make all the difference. I love the Harry Potter Audio Books - US versions. It's a little scary, when I read Harry Potter I hear Jim Dale in my head.

On the flipside, I really enjoy Christopher Moore, but I can't stand the guy who reads most of his stuff.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
I do agree the reader can make all the difference. I love the Harry Potter Audio Books - US versions. It's a little scary, when I read Harry Potter I hear Jim Dale in my head.

On the flipside, I really enjoy Christopher Moore, but I can't stand the guy who reads most of his stuff.
I watched the Harry Dresden series on TV before finding the books locally to read - so, guess what he looks and sounds like (along with the female cop), no matter what descriptions I read in the books?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #11
runtmms
Connoisseur

I actually thought they did a great job casting Dresden in the series.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #12
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
I actually thought they did a great job casting Dresden in the series.
I loved him in that part, definitely (and have a hard time when he plays other roles, now).

Not much like the book description tho (and the female cop, even less so).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #13
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I loved him in that part, definitely (and have a hard time when he plays other roles, now).

Not much like the book description tho (and the female cop, even less so).
Yes, in the book she was blonde if I'm remembering correctly.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote