Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-07-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Slow scrolling in main window

Hi,
Scrolling in the main window has been very slow for me since version 0.7.x. When I click on the next title it takes about 4-5 seconds before the display changes. All kinds of sortings are also rather slow, 4-5 seconds. I have 245 books in the database.

If I enable the cover browser, then scrolling and sorting are almost instantaneous. Any ideas? (I could of course always enable the cover browser )
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
People running Macs and calibre before 0.7.7 have reported something like this. Does that match you? If not, then run calibre in debug mode to see if it is saying something. Open a command box/terminal and type calibre-debug -g. If there are errors reported, copy the output and post it. Use 'Spoiler' (the crossed-out eye) to post the log, so that the possible 100s of lines aren't shown until someone wants to see them.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
People running Macs and calibre before 0.7.7 have reported something like this. Does that match you? If not, then run calibre in debug mode to see if it is saying something. Open a command box/terminal and type calibre-debug -g. If there are errors reported, copy the output and post it. Use 'Spoiler' (the crossed-out eye) to post the log, so that the possible 100s of lines aren't shown until someone wants to see them.
Well I have a Windows 7 64 bit machine, 8 GB RAM, I should of course have mentioned this.

If I run calibre-debug -g AND the previous (normal) run was with an enabled cover browser, then I get these 3 messages in the command window:

link hasn't been detected
link hasn't been detected
Started up in 2.39xxx

If I then disable the Cover browser then I get the situation below, and I cant' reenable the cover browser.

If I run calibre-debug -g AND the previous (normal) run was with a disabled cover browser, then I get a continuous stream of messages in the command window:
An example:
QImage:: setPixel: Coordinate (-66,105) out of range
The numbers in parenthesis changes from line to line.

Where is the 'Spoiler' that you mention?
Old 07-07-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Are you running 0.7.7?

What you are seeing is similar to the posts I have seen, so likely you are seeing a variant of the same problem. I hope that Kovid chimes in, because he knows what is going on in this area and what he has done to fix it.

The 'spoiler' appears if you are using 'advanced' mode. Its icon is a crossed-out eye. It is great for posting long, boring log files, because it lets people easily ignore them.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
this should be fixed in 0.7.8
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
svenlind
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Are you running 0.7.7?
Yes I am running 0.7.7, another info I forgot to mention
Old 07-10-2010, 03:22 AM   #7
svenlind
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
this should be fixed in 0.7.8
And it certainly is!