Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-26-2017, 09:14 AM   #1
lhavelund
lhavelund began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 6
Custom column - 3 separate IDs

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make the most of Calibre by injecting the ASIN into each AZW3 file I have, in order to allow me to make use of Goodreads integration etc. in the Kindle app on my Fire HD 6.

Though my library is relatively small, manually running through each file's meta data to check the presence (and content) of amazon, asin and mobi-asin tags in the identifiers list, I'm hoping to put this into a custom column to view at a glance, effectively searching for all three tags. If more than one tag exists, enumerate them with the spacer ",".

So for example, if a file contains the following in IDs:

Code:
isbn:foo, amazon:bar, google:baz
The column would output 'bar'. If the IDs field looks as follows:

Code:
isbn:foo, amazon:bar, google:baz, mobi-asin:xyzzy
The field would output 'bar,xyzzy'.

I hope this makes sense. Any support is appreciated.
lhavelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:52 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Why not just use a search? Expand the Identifiers entry in the Tag Browser, Hold down Ctrl and click on the amazon, mobi-asin and asin items. That will restrict your list of books to books having any one of them. If you want to change to all of them replace the or in the generated search expression by and
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert