Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-14-2017, 01:40 PM   #40951
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I got a waterbed frame (Craigslist, but not cheap) because I adored the headboard. I like the drawers but I also use the whole frame, for my Comforaire Air mattress ( similar to Sleep Number).

However, I also have a captains bed under a twin mattress in my spare room.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:52 PM   #40952
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I had to Google it as well

Right now, I'm relaxing after spending hours cleaning under our bed. I bought an Echo Dot in the Prime Day event and went to set it up in the bedroom. That meant running the wire to the extension block under the bed. Good God! The dust and the rubbish under there, I'm ashamed! Just horrible; so I spent a couple of hours throwing stuff away and vacuuming etc.. Then, of course, I had to dust and vacuum the rest of the room and so on.
Will you marry me?
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:32 PM   #40953
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Will you marry me?

I think Mrs B might not be happy with that!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:26 PM   #40954
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I got a waterbed frame (Craigslist, but not cheap) because I adored the headboard. I like the drawers but I also use the whole frame, for my Comforaire Air mattress ( similar to Sleep Number).

However, I also have a captains bed under a twin mattress in my spare room.
I'd like to get two captains beds for me and hubby. We have no dressers because we sold them in Raleigh.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:06 PM   #40955
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I've just settled in at my friends' place. I've unpacked most of my stuff, figured out the new tv/tuner set up and linked up my Chromecast. I'm now waiting for dinner to arrive. It's a tradition that the first night I order something to eat.

When I was walking the dog I saw someone cycle/walk (?) by on a Lopifit, which is basically a kinda treadmill powered bicycle. I've never seen one before, and when I saw it my mind took a couple of seconds to make sense of it. But I think it's a very cool mode of transportation.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:42 PM   #40956
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I've just settled in at my friends' place. I've unpacked most of my stuff, figured out the new tv/tuner set up and linked up my Chromecast. I'm now waiting for dinner to arrive. It's a tradition that the first night I order something to eat.

When I was walking the dog I saw someone cycle/walk (?) by on a Lopifit, which is basically a kinda treadmill powered bicycle. I've never seen one before, and when I saw it my mind took a couple of seconds to make sense of it. But I think it's a very cool mode of transportation.
That is cool.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:37 AM   #40957
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My friends have gotten a new microwave over, and I'm now figuring out how it works so I can make a pizza tonight.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:14 PM   #40958
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My friends have gotten a new microwave over, and I'm now figuring out how it works so I can make a pizza tonight.
Microwaved pizza?

Nooooooooooo

Maybe you get better ones there; I've never found a microwaveable pizza here that was OK.

Last edited by Bilbo1967; 07-21-2017 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:18 PM   #40959
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Microwaved pizza?

Nooooooooooo

Maybe you get better ones there; I've never found a microwaveable pizza here that was OK.
A typo, it's a microwave oven, so both. And yes, I did use the oven.

A class mate who lived in the same dorm did prefer to microwave her pizza, because it was quicker than preparing it in yhe oven. Her father is Italian and I don't think she would admitted it to her Italian family. We spend 5 weeks with her aunt in Sicily for teacher placement, and I learned that they consider a frozen pizza to be something to add fresh ingredients to.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2017, 04:33 PM   #40960
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
A typo, it's a microwave oven, so both. And yes, I did use the oven.

Well, that's a relief.

I hope you enjoyed it.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:41 PM   #40961
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Over here, it's called a microwave oven, but is ONLY microwaves. It has no other oven functionalities. Are you saying this does both microwaving, and old-fashioned oven cooking? Cool!
Old 07-21-2017, 05:03 PM   #40962
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Over here, it's called a microwave oven, but is ONLY microwaves. It has no other oven functionalities. Are you saying this does both microwaving, and old-fashioned oven cooking? Cool!
There are separate microwaves and ovens, but a lot of people have, what we call, a combi(nation) microwave, which does both and the more expensive ones can come with a grill. The drawback is that they are smaller than a regular oven.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:06 PM   #40963
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh Deb. Check this out.
https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CMW.../dp/B001C2J0FG

They are available in the states. Apologizing to your wallet and countertop in advance.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:15 PM   #40964
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Oh Deb. Check this out.
https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CMW.../dp/B001C2J0FG

They are available in the states. Apologizing to your wallet and countertop in advance.
Hey, cool! I could rip out my large stove/oven and put in a butcher block rolling cart for my Instant Pot and all its gear!
But since I just had to replace the stove in 2015, I probably won't do that. It sounds like a very modern idea, but it's awkward to leave a hole in the kitchen if you ever move.
It's tempting tho ..... I've got "rearrange cupboards" on my ToDo list, because the Instant Pot's gear is taking up a whole countertop.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:20 PM   #40965
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Hey, cool! I could rip out my large stove/oven and put in a butcher block rolling cart for my Instant Pot and all its gear!
But since I just had to replace the stove in 2015, I probably won't do that. It sounds like a very modern idea, but it's awkward to leave a hole in the kitchen if you ever move.
It's tempting tho ..... I've got "rearrange cupboards" on my ToDo list, because the Instant Pot's gear is taking up a whole countertop.
All you need is a nice file cabinet for your Instant Pot gear. My problem is slicers and dicers and choppers. Oh and 8345 small appliances. If I hadn't got both my microwave and small oven cheaper than that one I linked I would get it myself.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?