Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
segmentation fault when using Sigil with Ubuntu Linux

I just can't get Sigil to work in my Ubuntu Linux 10.10 installation. I am using an x64 processor, but whether I use the 32 bit or 64 bit installation of Sigil, I always get the same problem as soon as it runs. This is my terminal dump. Any ideas?

Quote:
ross@ross-laptop:~$ /opt/sigil/sigil.sh
`menu_proxy_module_load': /opt/sigil/sigil: undefined symbol: menu_proxy_module_load

(<unknown>:2922): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to load type module: (null)

`menu_proxy_module_load': /opt/sigil/sigil: undefined symbol: menu_proxy_module_load

(<unknown>:2922): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Bug! loader 'png' didn't set an error on failure

(<unknown>:2922): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'window-close' for stock: Internal error: Image loader module 'png' failed to complete an operation, but didn't give a reason for the failure

(<unknown>:2922): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

** (<unknown>:2922): CRITICAL **: murrine_style_draw_render_icon: assertion `base_pixbuf != NULL' failed

(<unknown>:2922): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_style_render_icon: assertion `pixbuf != NULL' failed

(<unknown>:2922): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_pixels: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(<unknown>:2922): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_width: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(<unknown>:2922): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion `GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed
Segmentation fault
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Never mind. I built from source and now it works.
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert