Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 08:07 AM   #1
bhuvana786
Enthusiast
bhuvana786 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Audio/Video in epub

Hi All,

I've created epub with audio/video files and it produces proper output in ADE. Other readers like iPad, Mobipocket reader, Kindle PC viewer, calibre etc., does not supported the format. What are all the readers supports audio/video usage? Also, please let me know whehter can any other alternate way available to view this files in teh above readers:

I've used below coding, which worked well in ADE:

<item id="img1" href="images/abc.swf" media-type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>

thanks,
Bhuvana
bhuvana786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
It works in ADE, because ADE is a Flash program. There is currently no supported way to include audio/video in ePUB books, whatever works in some program/reader will probably work only there and nowhere else.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2011, 05:30 AM   #3
gardefjord
Enthusiast
gardefjord began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, iPad, Nook, Bookeen, Sony Reader
Hi,
I've created an ePub with an swf file that loads audio from an exterrnal folder.
The swf file works perfectly in browsers and in flash-players.
In Digital Editions the swf-file appears but no external sound is loaded (The mp3's are also in the ePub). Is this possible?
gardefjord is offline   Reply With Quote