Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-09-2010, 01:54 PM   #1
samalex
samalex began at the beginning.

Device: none
Read Only error on DroidX when trying to use as Device on Calibre

Hi,

I'm using Calibre 0.7.23 on Ubuntu Linux 10.04 and hope to send books to my DroidX running Android 2.2 and WordPlayer 3. Calibre picks up the Android phone with no problems, but when it tries to do anything it gets this error:

(30, 'Read-only file system')

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 69, in run
File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 312, in _books
File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/devices/usbms/driver.py", line 162, in books
File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/devices/usbms/driver.py", line 304, in sync_booklists
File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/devices/usbms/driver.py", line 301, in write_prefix
IOError: [Errno 30] Read-only file system: u'/media/Motorola/metadata.calibre'

The file system isn't read only as I can go into the device and write files, so I'm not sure way Calibre is reporting it can't write to it. Something that may or may not be the problem is when I connect the DroidX to my laptop both the 16 Gig SD card are mounted along with what Linux picks up as a CD-ROM with motorola drivers. Calibre is picking up two devices (see picture) but whether i send a book to 'main memory' or 'storage card A' both report the Read Only error.

Any suggestions? Thanks --

Sam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	218
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	59597  

Last edited by samalex; 10-09-2010 at 02:10 PM.
samalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
samalex
samalex began at the beginning.

Device: none
More info on this.. I went into the sdcard on the DroidX and under wordplayer there is a folder called calibretransfer with the epub i sent to it along with the News... so Calibre was able to connect and write to it. The error was more specific to not being able to read the Media folder which I can write to within Ubuntu.

So any suggestions on this angle? Also WordPlayer isn't picking-up any of the content in the calibretransfer folder on the DroidX, so any thoughts with that?

Update 2: I've also tried to connect to Calibre via the network with no luck. I have the DroidX using wifi and I can see the Calibre library using 192.168.1.104:8080 in the browser, but regardless of whether I use the IP (without http://) with or without the port WordPlayer won't connect to Calibre.

Thanks again -

Sam

Thanks again --

Sam

Last edited by samalex; 10-09-2010 at 02:34 PM.
samalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You need to stick /opds at the end of the url in wordplayer
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote