Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 07:21 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Have you ordered a lighted cover for the K3?

If so, this is one of the best "how to" video's I've seen.

Its not rocket science, true....but attaching the K3 properly is important, and it gives a great overview of it and the light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sINv...ext=1&index=16
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Yes, the lighted cover case works like a charm. Very pleased.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:33 PM   #3
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Yes, the lighted cover case works like a charm. Very pleased.
I have one as well. I LOVE it!
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:41 PM   #4
Egham
Egham will become famous soon enoughEgham will become famous soon enoughEgham will become famous soon enoughEgham will become famous soon enoughEgham will become famous soon enoughEgham will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
I used mine for the first time, other than just trying it out at home, on my flight last night. The plane's overhead light was less than adequate, but the built-in cover light did the job. Given how much I fly, I'm confident it was a good purchase.
Egham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #5
simonz
simonz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I got the Kindle Lighted Cover with my K3. I am very happy with it. No more extra items to carry around and it runs off the Kindle battery. I had a clip-on light for my K2 and the Lighted Cover for the K3 is much better.
simonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:29 AM   #6
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
Just ordered 2 a couple of days ago even though I only have one K3. I have a decal on it and wanted to make sure the color of the cover match it somehow. I am planning to send one back once I see which one I like best. Shallow I know but I can't wait to get them! Thanks for the link.
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:36 AM   #7
manou
Grand Seamstress
manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, iPhone, iPad
I got the lighted cover in pink and I love it. It fits the Kindle like a glove and gives you just the light you need to read in the dark. Great for travelling.
manou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:50 AM   #8
Mr. Dalliard
Zealot
Mr. Dalliard began at the beginning.

It is a great cover, but I can see myself having to charge once a week as most of my reading is done in bed.
Mr. Dalliard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:19 AM   #9
dilipc
dilipc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
After reading all your posts, I have finally ordered a lighted cover. It's expensive, but what the heck, I do need a read!
dilipc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:53 AM   #10
brainstorm
brainstorm began at the beginning.

Ya..the lighted cover is a good idea by amazon. No need to carry clip on light if you plan to read in the dark. It even uses the Kindle's power which means no more fiddling around with batteries. It is a bit expensive and costs nearly a third of my Kindle price. But I am happy with the purchase. thumbs up to Amazon for thinkiing something unique.
brainstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:40 AM   #11
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I ordered the non lighted cover first, but then after about a week of use the lighted cover, so I now have two covers, but the lighted cover is perfect. I wish I had ordered that first
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:08 AM   #12
Shibito
Shibito began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yeah, I watched this video recently. It is what convinced me to get the lighted case. Even though I am usually in a well-lit room (and I use those natural daylight bulbs, which are great), I always have to be in a certain position for the light to shine on the Kindle. That can be an inconvenience sometimes. Plus it is just nice knowing you will be able to read anywhere, at any time. I'll have mine next week sometime. I can't wait to try it out. I wish I had ordered it along with my K3.

Last edited by Shibito; 09-17-2010 at 05:12 AM.
Shibito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:13 AM   #13
cykelmyggen
cykelmyggen doesn't littercykelmyggen doesn't litter

I've bought the lighted cover with my K3, and so far I'm very satisfied with the quality
I must admit I've looked longingly at the new, beautiful Oberon covers - unfortunately they don't offer a version with light so far, but who knows what the future might bring....?
cykelmyggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:26 AM   #14
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I have the pink lighted case and it's great. Worth every penny!
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:07 AM   #15
JJHamster
JJHamster began at the beginning.

I think the price was a bit high - but it does give an air of quality to the whole package. The illumination, though not totally even, is more than adequate for my eyes (which have seen better days), and reminds me of the light thrown by a bedside lamp.
Overall I'm happy.
JJHamster is offline   Reply With Quote