Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Writer2ePub

Notices

Old 07-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #1
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Fails to export images?

Hi,
I hope I am not missing something painfully obvious, but here goes.

I have been using W2E version 1.1.11 for converting .odt documents to epubs with good success, but up till now they have not had any images in the body of the text.

Recently I attempted a conversion that has around 40 jpg illustrations in it. None are exported.

I read in the "Problems? Solutions" sticky thread that it matters how the images are anchored in the text, but I have tried all possibilities (as character, to character, to page, to paragraph) and none work.

I am using LibreOffice version 3.3.3 (build 301) under Debian Linux.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:20 AM   #2
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
Hi,
I hope I am not missing something painfully obvious, but here goes.

I have been using W2E version 1.1.11 for converting .odt documents to epubs with good success, but up till now they have not had any images in the body of the text.

Recently I attempted a conversion that has around 40 jpg illustrations in it. None are exported.

I read in the "Problems? Solutions" sticky thread that it matters how the images are anchored in the text, but I have tried all possibilities (as character, to character, to page, to paragraph) and none work.

I am using LibreOffice version 3.3.3 (build 301) under Debian Linux.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Albert
As usual, please send to me the original .odt file at writer2epub[at]gmail.com
W2E exports images, maybe your images are embedded in frames or similar.

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Thank you, Luke! The file is on its way.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:41 AM   #4
eBookLuke
Writer2ePub creator
eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.eBookLuke knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Cybook Bebook iLiad Kindle HanlinV2 Readius SonyPRS500 SonyPRS700 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
Thank you, Luke! The file is on its way.
I've seen the file. It is an .odt file, converted from a .docx.
The images are visible, but OOo/LO don't consider them as graphic objectss.
Because W2E exports graphics objects, that "images" are ignored.
A workaround is to cut each "image" and paste back with "paste special" as bitmap. In this way that images becomes graphic objects.

I will study a solution for this in a future W2E version.

Luke
eBookLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
st_albert
Guru

Thanks, Luke! That works for me. And now I know to check the navigator panel to be sure images are recognized as such. If not, use the workaround.

Karma on the way!
Advert