Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #31
gienkollo
The Cooler
gienkollo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hey guys mod like this should be more than helpfull..
I can't open my emails in gmail webmail.
Otherwise some kind of simple mail client should be good for me to
gienkollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #32
Tanga
Zealot
Tanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle 3
I think this is something we should probably be reporting to Amazon by the looks of things. Probably a lot easier for them to do something from their end. Not that I wouldn't appreciate what these guys have done. Cheers
Tanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:35 PM   #33
otichy
Connoisseur
otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
Can you upload a copy of your script here ?
Sure, currently I use the two files attached. With these I have replaced those in /usr/share/browser/readability
I don't think I did any more changes, but it's hard to be sure since before that I was messing up with the httpd solution and I can't be sure I have removed all the traces of that.
Attached Files
File Type: zip readability.zip (21.4 KB, 577 views)
otichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #34
otichy
Connoisseur
otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanista View Post
Could you explain how can I run httpd on Kindle?
Well I have just followed the instructions above in this thread. And I can't really say what I did step by step. You need to download the stuff, put it into the right directory, reconfigure launchpad and then use it to start the httpd if I remember correctly.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #35
ebooksfans
ebooksfans is faster than slow light.ebooksfans is faster than slow light.ebooksfans is faster than slow light.ebooksfans is faster than slow light.ebooksfans is faster than slow light.ebooksfans is faster than slow light.ebooksfans is faster than slow light.ebooksfans is faster than slow light.ebooksfans is faster than slow light.ebooksfans is faster than slow light.ebooksfans is faster than slow light.

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
for(var i=0,a;a=["a","form","area","link","base"][i++]{var allLinks=document.getElementsByTagName(a);var i;for(i=0;i<allLinks.length;i++){var link = allLinks[i];var target=link.getAttribute('target');if(target&&targ et=='_blank'){link.setAttribute('target','_self'); }}}
replaced those in /usr/share/browser/readability/readability_min_utf16.js

it worked great!

link:
http://hi.baidu.com/canbefound/blog/...5572c84b7.html
ebooksfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:13 PM   #36
jimh12345
Connoisseur
jimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it isjimh12345 knows what time it is

Device: kindle
Any progress on this? I've found the K3 browser to be basically useless because I can't read any of the articles on any of the news sites I'm interested in.
jimh12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:49 PM   #37
Mario1up
Connoisseur
Mario1up has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mario1up has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mario1up has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mario1up has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3/G
I found something from Google. It's basically a mobilization tool. I found it on Google Mobile (google.com/m) and by selecting Options->Format for Mobile in the search results. I looked at the URL and figured out its base.

http://google.com/gwt/x

You can go there and type in a URL and it'll make it mobile-formatted. It also causes any links that would normally open in a new tab/window to open like direct links.
Mario1up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:38 AM   #38
otichy
Connoisseur

I found the readability mod by neftaly to be the best solution for me. With a little tweaking, you can change it so that certain sites don't get transformed apart from the links.
This way, one can even read all sorts of email attachments (office, pdf) in the html version of gmail.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:31 AM   #39
liuto
Connoisseur
liuto is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DXG / Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebooksfans View Post
replaced those in /usr/share/browser/readability/readability_min_utf16.js

it worked great!

link:
http://hi.baidu.com/canbefound/blog/...5572c84b7.html
This not works for me.
liuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:16 PM   #40
otichy
Connoisseur

And this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=135011 could be even better solution for some.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:44 PM   #41
kindle3zeng
Enthusiast
kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: kindle 3wifi
I just modified readability_min_utf16.js to let it show a menu, so I can choose between modify the targets or enter the real article mode.
kindle3zeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:52 PM   #42
liuto
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindle3zeng View Post
I just modified readability_min_utf16.js to let it show a menu, so I can choose between modify the targets or enter the real article mode.
Where is it?
Old 05-31-2011, 11:50 PM   #43
kindle3zeng
Enthusiast
kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kindle3zeng once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: kindle 3wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by liuto View Post
Where is it?
If you are asking where my modification is, here you go.

Also a screenshot is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-32101.gif
Views:	849
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	72149  
Attached Files
File Type: zip readability.zip (25.6 KB, 794 views)
kindle3zeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:32 AM   #44
liuto
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindle3zeng View Post
If you are asking where my modification is, here you go.

Also a screenshot is attached.
This works perfectly... only one thing, when I click the new window link, it goes to the link in same window, but when I back to the previous screen, it reload the document and we have to apply the 'article mode' again...:-)
Old 06-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #45
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm trying to bounce back and forth between the several current threads addressing the issue of getting the browser to open links that would otherwise generate the "can't open multiple windows" message, but I'm getting a little lost, both in what approach implements exactly what functionality and also in how to implement.

Would some hoopy frood be willing to summarize or point me to a FAQ or HOWTO?

Thanks!

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote