Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 02-28-2019, 10:21 PM   #106
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
You have a more public message from me, telling you about Contacts and Friends. For the private messages, you can look further down the User CP page and click on Private Messages, which offers you Inbox and Sent Items, so you can go back to a message received earlier which is in the Inbox of course.

You can subscribe to a thread, even if you haven't written anything in it. So for example, in the Book Clubs sub-forum, you will find a thread that issybird has started for Edwin Drood, which we won't start to discuss until 15 March. Click on Thread Tools (up at the top of the thread) and click on Subscribe to this thread. Then as soon as people start putting up comments, it will pop into your User CP page showing activity on the threads you are subscribed to.

I hope we aren't overwhelming you with information!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:22 PM   #107
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And I forgot to say, I'm so glad to hear that your niece is improving now. It must have been a very anxious time for you and your family.
Old 03-01-2019, 03:08 PM   #108
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'll grab the lowest hanging fruit and say that you see your karma if you click on "User CP" just under where it says MobileRead near the top left of the page. That Control Panel page will also let you access tons of settings and controls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
As issybird points out, the User Control Panel is a very useful place. It's always my starting point for a MobileRead session. It shows me any of my subscribed threads that have new messages in them, along with when the most recent message was posted to any subscribed fora. And, of course, you can see if anyone left you Karma.

ETA: You have a PM.
Thank you both - the Control Panel is great! I don’t know why it’s alluded me Every month I get email about the threads I’m subscribed to - now I see how to manage them. I really appreciate your help
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:19 PM   #109
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
You have a more public message from me, telling you about Contacts and Friends. For the private messages, you can look further down the User CP page and click on Private Messages, which offers you Inbox and Sent Items, so you can go back to a message received earlier which is in the Inbox of course.

You can subscribe to a thread, even if you haven't written anything in it. So for example, in the Book Clubs sub-forum, you will find a thread that issybird has started for Edwin Drood, which we won't start to discuss until 15 March. Click on Thread Tools (up at the top of the thread) and click on Subscribe to this thread. Then as soon as people start putting up comments, it will pop into your User CP page showing activity on the threads you are subscribed to.

I hope we aren't overwhelming you with information!
Bookpossom, the information it’s exactly what I needed! Thank you! I’ve been experimenting with the Control Panel, and have a better handle on it now.

I do have another question though. You say you left me a public message - how do I find it? I can locate private messages from the CP, but I don’t see a link for Public messages. My guess is that that’s the screen I saw for the first time yesterday with everyone’s welcome messages. But I’m not sure how I got there.
Thanks
Vicki
Old 03-01-2019, 05:18 PM   #110
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
From the User Control Panel, click on Your Profile (under Your Control Panel, on the left). You'll see Visitor Messages below your profile picture/avatar.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:05 AM   #111
Victoria
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
From the User Control Panel, click on Your Profile (under Your Control Panel, on the left). You'll see Visitor Messages below your profile picture/avatar.
Thanks Charlie myopic - I just needed to scroll down further on my ipad
Old 03-03-2019, 02:52 AM   #112
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun

Thanks Charlie - I have been travelling from Melbourne to Sydney for a few days with family, so apologies for not replying before now, Victoria.
Old 03-03-2019, 01:07 PM   #113
Victoria
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I have been travelling from Melbourne to Sydney for a few days with family, so apologies for not replying before now, Victoria.
Ohh, lucky you - that sounds gorgeous