Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 03-08-2014, 09:58 PM   #1
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Marvin for Android?

Any chance of this happening? I have an ipad, which I love using with Marvin, but an Android phone. I usually end up using kindle for android and ipad to take advantage of the sync. If there was an android version of Marvin, I would use marvin exclusively.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:24 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Seconded.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2014, 12:32 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Thirded.

And fourthed, fifthed, sixthed on behalf of a few people I know.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:37 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I'd love Marvin on Android. Calibre Companion for library management and Marvin for reading would be a perfect combo for me.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:33 AM   #5
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I'd love Marvin on Android. Calibre Companion for library management and Marvin for reading would be a perfect combo for me.
Yes! I agree.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2014, 10:55 PM   #6
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, I discovered Readmill today. Can sync ePub books between all of my devices. Perfect! Doesn't have the control of Marvin, but I'll make the switch in order to have syncing between iOS and Android devices.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:13 AM   #7
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Thanks for your feedback everyone. At the moment, I'm focusing 100% of my resources to iOS and working on some high-priority features and ideas - eventually, I'll revisit Android.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:59 PM   #8
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
Well, I discovered Readmill today. Can sync ePub books between all of my devices. Perfect! Doesn't have the control of Marvin, but I'll make the switch in order to have syncing between iOS and Android devices.

And I guess you heard by now Readmill is shutting down?
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:10 PM   #9
kyrilson
Fanatic

Yep. No worries. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:40 PM   #10
twicefivemiles
twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 10, iPad Air 2, Galaxy Tab 8, iPhone 5, Nexus 5
I agree with everyone, Marvin is the greatest app and the best purchase I've made on iOS. But it does tie me to one platform and that is frustrating. I have an iPad and iPhone through work but if I want to read on my personal phone it means I have to plan in advance.

All of which is to say: there is nothing as awesome Marvin on Android (at least for me). I have purchased more than a couple Android ereader apps and none of them are as beautiful or intuitive so it looks like I will continue to carry two phones with me in case I get the urge to read in line somewhere.

Readmill was close in beauty but with them closing down I'm back to fighting with Aldiko Premium (WHY won't you let me adjust paragraph spacing, why?).
twicefivemiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:45 PM   #11
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
Thanks for your feedback everyone. At the moment, I'm focusing 100% of my resources to iOS and working on some high-priority features and ideas - eventually, I'll revisit Android.
Is there a way to find out when this will happen? A mailing list, maybe?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:35 PM   #12
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
I'll just throw my vote in too for future reference

I've grown rather fond of the app while helping a friend set hers up
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:26 AM   #13
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
As long as we're begging, I mean requesting politely, throw my vote for an Android version of Marvin in too. I use Marvin on my iPad and iPad mini and would love it on my Nexus too!

Marvin for Android...would it be a paranoid android with a brain the size of a planet?
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:09 PM   #14
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Old thread - but as I'm getting my $50 Amazon Fire 7 tomorrow, I'm suddenly in the market for Marvin on Android.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 05:46 PM   #15
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Unhappy

Yes, Marvin for Android would be great. I love Moon+ Reader Pro, but it's not quite on Marvin's level. I'd rate Marvin 3.5 stars, Moon+ Reader Pro 3 stars, and all other e-readers 2 stars or fewer. So, the overall situation is looking pretty bleak.

Given that Marvin for iOS itself hasn't really been developed in recent months/years, either, and must be considered an unfinished product at this stage (not quite "abandonware", I hope – that would devastate me), the idea of a Marvin for Android appears to be pure fantasy, unfortunately.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote