Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-30-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
honeybunny
Connoisseur
honeybunny has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2 GSM
DryPak 9x12 Bag

I received my DryPak waterproof bag yesterday. It works great! The Kindle fits inside nicely, and if you have it centered inside the bag, the pressure from the bag itself won't push the buttons. The screen is just as clear as easy to read, and I have peace-of-mind while I read in the bath.

The only potential problem I see is that when you open the bag, a little water may drip inside it. I would recommend opening the bag upside down, maybe after giving it a quick dry-off with a towel, before removing the Kindle.

The bag has D-rings on the bottom corners. It can very easily be hung up somewhere to dry off between uses. I have hung mine on the robe hook on the back of the bathroom door.

If you don't read your Kindle with a cover/case on it, you may be able to use a smaller DryPak. I chose the DryPak over the ALokSak because it was 9x12 rather than 12x12 (which seemed like a lot of extra material on the sides).
honeybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:40 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
A well done review, may have to get one of these
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2008, 11:37 AM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunny View Post
I received my DryPak waterproof bag yesterday. It works great! The Kindle fits inside nicely, and if you have it centered inside the bag, the pressure from the bag itself won't push the buttons.
How about a link to this, and an embedded photo would be nice?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:22 PM   #4
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle #1, Kindle #2; internet appliance - The Chumby.
There are other places to get it, but Amazon's the cheapest...

http://www.amazon.com/Kwik-Tek-Multi...2261679&sr=8-1

(I know it'd be better to see a Kindle inside the bag, but this is all I could come up with quickly.)

Last edited by MoSo; 05-31-2008 at 03:27 PM.
MoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
honeybunny
Connoisseur

I'll take a pic tomorrow, too tired today. I had to work all weekend!
Advert
Old 06-02-2008, 09:26 AM   #6
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Thanks for the info.

So far I've just been using a ziploc bag, but I don't drop things in the bath much, so it's mostly to protect against stray drops and damp fingers. I also use the ziploc if I want to read during my walk and it looks like rain. But it hasn't had a serious test; I bet the dry bag would work better for really wet conditions.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:58 PM   #7
honeybunny
Connoisseur

Front View

Rear View

Top View

(with the new lovely M-Edge case)