Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 02-15-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
canezila
Edge User

eDGe to the rescue. D.J. brains for a school dance

I forgot my charger (both of them) for my HP netbook and I use this netbook for D.J.ing my schools dance functions.

I did have my eDGe and had no other option since my house is about an hour drive from my work. I hesitated to use any type of touch screen device when it comes to critical, performance-ready type of situations... at least in the past. Simple accidents from just moving, bumping, whatever... could mess up the song, dance... whatever... but I had no choice. So I unloaded my home screen Sweeter app that was sort of buggy and caused everything to slow down (but the potential for the home screen Sweeter is there ... just not ready for prime time yet IMO). I then categorized what I needed and tested everything out.

The dance was 1.5 hours long and my wifi was on. Screen was bright and I swear the battery hardly moved. I think actual run time was 2 hours since I started early. It was just a great job by my eDGe. Everything went very smoothly. My eDGe gets a big, fat CHECK in my book for bailing me out that night.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Impressive!

Advert