Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-30-2009, 05:12 AM   #1
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Strange reformatting of the CSS in 0.1.17

I've installed v0.1.17 and have noticed some strange behaviour with it's handling of the CSS code in my files.

The code I entered looking like this:

Code:
span.dropcap {float: left; font-size: 4.7em; line-height: 0.8em; margin-right: 3pt; margin-bottom: -0.1em;}
body {text-align:justify; font-family: Baskerville, Times New Roman, Serif;}
p {margin: 0px; text-indent: 1em;}
p.noindent {text-indent: 0;}
span.title {font-size: 40px; font-weight: bold;}
span.subtitle {font-size: 20px; font-weight: bold;}
div.centre {text-align: center;}
h2 {text-align: center;}
img.cover {height: 100%;}
blockquote.sign {border-style: solid; border-width: 1px 0px 1px 0px; border-color: black;}
But Sigil v0.1.17 has changed it to look like this:

Code:
  span.dropcap {float: left; font-size: 4.7em; line-height: 0.8em; margin-right: 3pt; margin-bottom: -0.1em;}  body {text-align:justify; font-family: Baskerville, Times New Roman, Serif;}  p {margin: 0px; text-indent: 1em;}  p.noindent {text-indent: 0;}  span.title {font-size: 40px; font-weight: bold;}  span.subtitle {font-size: 20px; font-weight: bold;}  div.centre {text-align: center;}  h2 {text-align: center;}  img.cover {height: 100%;}
For some reason v0.1.17 has taken all my CSS code and put it all on one line, this never happened with any of the earlier version.

Is this a fault, or some new way of handling CSS?
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I'm going to link the ReportingIssues wiki page now.

Here it is.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just an update: I've been able to replicate this... and yeah, when I figure out what's going on, a 0.1.7b version will be released.

It seems that I can't release a version without screwing something up in the process.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #4
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
I'm going to link the ReportingIssues wiki page now.
Thanks for this.

I don't have a problem reporting issues in the Issues tab on your Google Code page (I have raised several already, forgot one, but the rest got raised) but I usually prefer to check that it is a fault before raising it as an issue.

I don't see the point in putting unnessary work in the direction of the developer, especially one that is busy. I'm a test engineer and it normally frustrates my developers when I start submitting lots of defect reports when it turns out that there is nothing wrong, just that the software works slightly different from how I was interpreting it.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
Thanks for this.

I don't have a problem reporting issues in the Issues tab on your Google Code page (I have raised several already, forgot one, but the rest got raised) but I usually prefer to check that it is a fault before raising it as an issue.

I don't see the point in putting unnessary work in the direction of the developer, especially one that is busy. I'm a test engineer and it normally frustrates my developers when I start submitting lots of defect reports when it turns out that there is nothing wrong, just that the software works slightly different from how I was interpreting it.
In general I prefer to have issues created on the tracker. I don't find it a chore to just add a comment and mark the issue as invalid if it really is that. I don't blame people when they create an issue for something that turns out not to be a bug, but just them misunderstanding something.*

Ignorance is not a sin. If you don't understand something, it's because someone failed to explain it to you properly. So if your developers get annoyed when you create an issue for something that has merely changed behavior, ask them why they haven't informed you about it beforehand. And if you're a test engineer with intimate knowledge of the product and something actually works differently than you think, something's probably wrong with the application design. Or again, someone failed to teach you how it really works.

It's of course a different matter entirely if there's documentation about it and you failed to read it.

Back to Sigil...

I like issue reports more than threads on the tracker since issue reports usually require my immediate attention and therefore all changes to the tracker are sent as instant email alerts.

The forum should be for discussions.

*But I do get annoyed when someone creates an issue that has already been reported, or worse still, reports one with basically zero information useful to track the issue down. The people who don't read the ReportingIssues wiki page even though it's linked right there in the issue report template and about 10 other places as well.

Ignorance is not a sin, laziness is.

Last edited by Valloric; 12-30-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
ghostyjack
Guru

Intimate knowledge of the software, now that would be great. Unfortunatly that's not how it works in my company, all the test engineers are employed because we know how to test, not how to test any particular piece of software. There could be over a hundred different software based project on the go at any one time (these could all be using different software or hardware) that may require any of us to step in at any time and take over from another test engineer.

Documentation is all well and good (which with the age of the software we have, documentation is a bit thin on the ground, damn shame the original developers seem to have all left without writing anything down), but sometimes it's quicker to have a quick word with the developer to double-check before submitting the defect report (as this may be the only source of knowledge available, god! why do we have to use sooo much proprietry software). I suppose I've got used to having the developers and other support personel within the same building as me, so a few seconds walk to there desk does seem to save time when testing.

Back on topic...

So it sounds like I'll be putting this as a defect on the tracker then.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #7
Valloric

Quote:
I suppose I've got used to having the developers and other support personel within the same building as me, so a few seconds walk to there desk does seem to save time when testing.
In that environment, sure. But you can't walk up to me and ask.

Quote:
So it sounds like I'll be putting this as a defect on the tracker then.
No need, this is already fixed and commited. Linux and Windows versions of the 0.1.8* release have already been built and now I'm just waiting to get my hands on a Mac so I can build the DMG for that platform.

*I've decided to make it 0.1.8 so I can trigger the update message for those who are using 0.1.7. This is one major, major bug. The funny (not really) thing is, it's caused by a fix for another bug.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #8
ghostyjack
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
But you can't walk up to me and ask.
Oh well, back to the old way of doing it, I'll stick everthing on the tracker and not question if it's a defect first here.