Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-08-2017, 01:23 AM   #2506
feelmaroon
Enthusiast
feelmaroon began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4nt, PW2
Resolved with the great walkthroughs...Went back and reinstalled the KUAL booklet and then placed the linkss 0.24.N install and the python 0.14N install files into the mrpackages folder and used ;log mrpi command. Fixed.

**knc1...crap, didn't see your post until just now. did i screw up the way i did it?

Last edited by feelmaroon; 05-08-2017 at 01:30 AM.
feelmaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2017, 08:55 AM   #2507
knc1
Ex-Helpdesk Addict
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelmaroon View Post
Resolved with the great walkthroughs...Went back and reinstalled the KUAL booklet and then placed the linkss 0.24.N install and the python 0.14N install files into the mrpackages folder and used ;log mrpi command. Fixed.

**knc1...crap, didn't see your post until just now. did i screw up the way i did it?
No, it is just that you probably only had to re-boot it.
If a simple re-boot had not fixed it, that would have been useful information.

I'll just wait for the next person with a KOA to complain that things are broke.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:34 PM   #2508
Mikii
Mikii began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 5 gen
dead after reboot?

This works fine on my kindle paperwhite 5th generation with system 5.3.3, but it won't survive a reboot.

If I reboot the kindle then I have to re-istall the screensavers hack.

Is this an expected behavior?

Thanks.
Mikii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:42 PM   #2509
knc1
Ex-Helpdesk Addict
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikii View Post
This works fine on my kindle paperwhite 5th generation with system 5.3.3, but it won't survive a reboot.

If I reboot the kindle then I have to re-istall the screensavers hack.

Is this an expected behavior?

Thanks.
No.

Is your Kindle subscribed to special offers (advertisements)?

Do you mean "reboot" (as with a long press of the power button) or a "reset" from the settings menu?
Reboot - not expected
Reset - expected

Last edited by knc1; 05-12-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:20 PM   #2510
Mikii

Hi knc1, thank you for getting back to me.
1., no I am not subscribed to any special offer;
2. I mean reboot, I know I do not have to reset.
Great tool anyway, I've been looking for it for ages!
Thanks
Old 05-12-2017, 05:14 PM   #2511
knc1
Ex-Helpdesk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikii View Post
Hi knc1, thank you for getting back to me.
1., no I am not subscribed to any special offer;
2. I mean reboot, I know I do not have to reset.
Great tool anyway, I've been looking for it for ages!
Thanks
OK - I just wanted to be sure, the two words are very close.

The screensavers should maintain their settings, so something is wrong.

That information is stored on the visible USB storage area where you can check it.
Tell me anything else about what is happening and how you are using this, anything that might help.
I have not heard of the ss losing its settings with a reboot.

Last edited by knc1; 05-12-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:31 AM   #2512
Mikii

Hi knc1,
I updated the system to 5.6.1.1, re-installed the ScreenSavers Hack using MRPI.
I have been playing with the KUAL's screen saver configuration for a while.

Now everything seems normal, and ScreenSavers's settings do survive a reboot.

Thank you very much for your concerns, everything seems ok now.

The previous problem manifested itself by showing the default kindle random screens upon reboot.

Take care,

Michele

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch