Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-08-2017, 12:29 AM   #31
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, Kindle PW1, Kindle PW2, Oasis, Aura HD, Aura One
I just found this article from September last year. Apart from insightful information into the government-imposed resale price maintenance system for books, newspapers and magazines, it also reports that in the first month of introduction of KU on Amazon Japan, there were much more subscribers than Amazon hoped for.
I guess that means that there is bigger ebook market than estimated and possible phones as main platform.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/201.../#.WOhpEm996Uk
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2017, 11:42 PM   #32
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
I just found this article from September last year. Apart from insightful information into the government-imposed resale price maintenance system for books, newspapers and magazines, it also reports that in the first month of introduction of KU on Amazon Japan, there were much more subscribers than Amazon hoped for.
I guess that means that there is bigger ebook market than estimated and possible phones as main platform.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/201.../#.WOhpEm996Uk
Or maybe they buy Chinese electronics more than stuff from the U.S. I mean there are the big companies like HP and Dell that are associated more with the west and then there are the Chinese designed models of similar products.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:01 AM   #33
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, Kindle PW1, Kindle PW2, Oasis, Aura HD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Or maybe they buy Chinese electronics more than stuff from the U.S. I mean there are the big companies like HP and Dell that are associated more with the west and then there are the Chinese designed models of similar products.
You might be right, of course.
But living in Japan and coming here for the last 20 years, my experience is that they regard Chinese made goods as not so good quality wise. Majority of people I met or saw at shops are ready to pay even double the price if it is written "made in Japan" and you can find similar comments in media and elsewhere.
Even the Chinese tourists who come in millions to Japan prefer made in Japan.
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:20 PM   #34
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
You might be right, of course.
But living in Japan and coming here for the last 20 years, my experience is that they regard Chinese made goods as not so good quality wise. Majority of people I met or saw at shops are ready to pay even double the price if it is written "made in Japan" and you can find similar comments in media and elsewhere.
Even the Chinese tourists who come in millions to Japan prefer made in Japan.
Which markets the average Japanese consumer favors might still be a partial explanation though I'd guess. Kindles are put together in China so maybe they get some bad press as a result in Japan. I don't think in the end that there is any one answer that explains everything.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote