Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-27-2017, 01:09 PM   #1681
helour
Enthusiast
helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Onyx M96, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The file you want is "container.py". It's probably enough to add the other "close quote" characters into the regex at line 215. And as an ellipse can be used at the end of a sentence, it probably should be in there as well. The statement is probably:
Code:
                groups = re.split(ur'(.*?[\.\!\?\:…][\'"\u201d\u2019“]?\s*)',
                                  text,
                                  flags=re.UNICODE | re.MULTILINE)
Thanks, it works well . BTW, I prefer this (more readable) form:
Code:
groups = re.split(ur'(.*?[\.\!\?\:\u2026][\'"\u2019\u201C\u201D]?\s*)', 
                                  text,
Quote:
And for confirmation, can you point to a book in the Kobo store that uses this style of quotes? We can then check that what we do agrees with Kobo does.
The book (in Czech language) with this end quotation mark u\201C wasn't downloaded from the Kobo store .
helour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 06:01 PM   #1682
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by helour View Post
Thanks, it works well . BTW, I prefer this (more readable) form:
Code:
groups = re.split(ur'(.*?[\.\!\?\:\u2026][\'"\u2019\u201C\u201D]?\s*)', 
                                  text,
Goo, and using the codes here is probably easier to understand.
Quote:
The book (in Czech language) with this end quotation mark u\201C wasn't downloaded from the Kobo store .
I wasn't expecting it to have come from Kobo. But, I was hoping you knew of a book in the store that used the same type of quotation. That way we could check that the way the plugin handles them is the same as the way Kobo does. Looking at free book or a preview should do. The problem is usually finding a suitable example.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 06:05 AM   #1683
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Can you upload the book with the funny quotes and ellipses to https://www.dropbox.com/request/7BGiDUmv8MR4ZwG55e2T so I can take a look?

Yes, conversion code for one plugin does update the other.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 06:29 AM   #1684
helour
Enthusiast
helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.helour got an A in P-Chem.

Finally, I've found a german book (German language uses such end quotation marks) with "the funny quotes" on the Kobo store.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:36 AM   #1685
helour
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Can you upload the book with the funny quotes and ellipses to https://www.dropbox.com/request/7BGiDUmv8MR4ZwG55e2T so I can take a look?
Done . It is on the dropbox now.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:03 PM   #1686
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@helour: Sorry for the delay, I've been pretty busy. Can you install the file attached to this post and let me know if it fixes the problem for you? It looks OK to me, but I'd like to make sure before I post an update
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboTouchExtended.zip (29.5 KB, 144 views)
Old 03-01-2017, 08:46 AM   #1687
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One LE / Tea Inkpad 3
Hi jgoguen.

Using the plugin KoboUtilities, I collect shelves informations in my library from one of my Kobo readers.
So in the column 'Collection' I have the shelf (or shelves) for each book.
For some books, they are in more than one shelf (ie ToRead and SF), this results in the column Collection by "ToRead, SF" (separator is comma followed by space)

In the KoboTouchExtended plugin, I assigned the same column (Collection).
When I transfer books in another Kobo Reader (after creation of all the shelves), all the books affected to only one shelf are in on the reader. That's fine.
But, for the books assigned to 2 or more shelves they aren't in any shelf. I suppose the plugin try to affect the book to one shelf called "ToRead, SF" to keep the same example instead of affect it to the 2 shelves.

Is it possible to 'fix' this in a future version of the plugin. Or, is there any existing solution ?
Hope you'll understand my english.

Thanks.
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:04 AM   #1688
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

The extended driver doesn't touch that option, it's passed straight through to the underlying KoboTouch driver. Try posting in the main calibre forum for davidfor.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:53 PM   #1689
Mingyar
Connoisseur
Mingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to beholdMingyar is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Mini/Aura H2O/Aura One LE / Tea Inkpad 3
Thank you jgoguen, davidfor helped me and it works well now.
Mingyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:38 AM   #1690
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
problems with a calibre catalog

I have many books (8000+items in total of which some 3000 in my Kobo Aura One, so catalogs are very important to me, but Saturday I've had problems with my complete catalog (list of authors, series, collections, recently added, no descriptions).

As usual, it was turned to a kepub by the plugin when transferred to the One, like all my books except PDFs, but this time, it made the device reboot every time I tried to open it. When I disabled the kobo touch extended features, the catalog (an epub) could be opened.

I then upgraded to the latest Kobo (4.3.8966) and Calibre Portable (2.82) firmwares, created a new catalog, but the problem subsisted.

I looked at the complete catalog with the Calibre reader, and it was ok there, but the epub version sent to the One (just the extended driver disabled) had other problems I discovered when I explored it:
  • opening it took a long time, but since I never read epubs, perhaps they react slower than kepubs?
  • in the Author list, both author and title were underlined as if links, which is not normal (I had no descriptions), was not the case in calibre, and they did not respond like a link should; the series were underlined as normal, and responded when called but very sluggishly
I then disactivated the kobo touch extended plugin and sent the catalog to the One, and it arrived as a kepub, which surprised me, and read ok on all above counts.

EDIT: Today, after modifying a few metadata (collections and location mostly), I created a new complete catalog, with recently added books, and sent it to the One with the plugin activated, and it is ok. I have no idea what was the problem yesterday. Could strange invisible characters in the metadata have done it?

Last edited by anacreon; 03-19-2017 at 04:53 AM.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:37 AM   #1691
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I can reproduced the crash with catalogues generated from my libraries on my Aura H2O, but the same one on my Glo HD and Touch works. With at least one of the catalogues, the device rebooted when I first tried opening the book, but was OK after the restart.

I can't see any reason for this other than the large number of ToC entries. When a kepub is first opened, a word count us done for each ToC entry in the database. It's possible that it is a sickel time out. But, I also have a stack log, which usually means crash in the code.

Anyway, I don't think it's a problem with the driver. The catalogues are possibly large and complex enough to exceed some limit in the kepub renderer. Though that doesn't really explain why I am seeing it on only one device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:09 PM   #1692
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I can't see any reason for this other than the large number of ToC entries. When a kepub is first opened, a word count us done for each ToC entry in the database. It's possible that it is a sickel time out. But, I also have a stack log, which usually means crash in the code.
I don't think it is the number of ToC entries:
  • Complete catalog: 194 items (Authors 1+26, Series 1+25, Genre 1+74, Recently added 1+65 (this recently added is a misnomer, it has all months since November 2011, my first entry, within a month of buying my first reader) = 14 pages on the One
  • I usually develop Pynch's "complete" oeuvre Tocs at least a couple of levels, which means for Virginia Woolf for instance 5119 items, 366 pages on the One, and I never had a problem there or with my former Kobos.

Also I update this complete catalog more than once a week and there is not that much difference from one week to the next, plus today's, the one that worked, was only different metadatas and locations, of which one more collection, and I have no problem with it.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:14 PM   #1693
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
I don't think it is the number of ToC entries:
  • Complete catalog: 194 items (Authors 1+26, Series 1+25, Genre 1+74, Recently added 1+65 (this recently added is a misnomer, it has all months since November 2011, my first entry, within a month of buying my first reader) = 14 pages on the One
  • I usually develop Pynch's "complete" oeuvre Tocs at least a couple of levels, which means for Virginia Woolf for instance 5119 items, 366 pages on the One, and I never had a problem there or with my former Kobos.

Also I update this complete catalog more than once a week and there is not that much difference from one week to the next, plus today's, the one that worked, was only different metadatas and locations, of which one more collection, and I have no problem with it.
This might be rubbish but it's something else you might look at...

It's been a long time since I used a calibre catalog epub but from what I remember some of the individual html files contained a huge number of hyperlinks. Being calibre-created, I assume (???) that the rules about html filesize in epubs have been adhered to. However, during the epub-to-kepub process all the koboSpan <spans> will have been added. With a standard novel this isn't much overhead size-wise but if any individual file is mainly hyperlinks, the size increase % could be far higher than normal, maybe more than 100% increase.

I don't know if kepubs have filesize limits like epubs do but unzipping the kepub catalog and comparing individual html filesizes with the epub equivalents might be interesting.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:54 AM   #1694
anacreon
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
This might be rubbish but it's something else you might look at...

It's been a long time since I used a calibre catalog epub but from what I remember some of the individual html files contained a huge number of hyperlinks. Being calibre-created, I assume (???) that the rules about html filesize in epubs have been adhered to. However, during the epub-to-kepub process all the koboSpan <spans> will have been added. With a standard novel this isn't much overhead size-wise but if any individual file is mainly hyperlinks, the size increase % could be far higher than normal, maybe more than 100% increase.

I don't know if kepubs have filesize limits like epubs do but unzipping the kepub catalog and comparing individual html filesizes with the epub equivalents might be interesting.
I don't know for the catalog that rebooted the One (which is 0.9 Mb as an epub in calibre - I kept it for reference), but for the very similar present one, which works, the epub size in Calibre is 0.9 Mb, and the kebub in the One is 1.3 Mb, which is a big difference compared to an essay about photography (many pictures): 1.5 Mb in Calibre and on the One.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:46 AM   #1695
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
I don't know for the catalog that rebooted the One (which is 0.9 Mb as an epub in calibre - I kept it for reference), but for the very similar present one, which works, the epub size in Calibre is 0.9 Mb, and the kebub in the One is 1.3 Mb, which is a big difference compared to an essay about photography (many pictures): 1.5 Mb in Calibre and on the One.
It's not really the total size of the epub/kepub itself I was referring to, but the size of the individual files within. One (or more) of which may be causing a memory problem.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one