Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 09:30 PM   #106
yogibare143
Tolkien Rules!
yogibare143 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3, kindle Fire
Blossom

I installed Mantano 1.6.4 and love it! Only problem I have is closing it. Can not figure out how to shut down in app. Have to do Force Stop under Applications. How do you shut it down?

Thanks
Mark
yogibare143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #107
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibare143 View Post
Blossom

I installed Mantano 1.6.4 and love it! Only problem I have is closing it. Can not figure out how to shut down in app. Have to do Force Stop under Applications. How do you shut it down?

Thanks
Mark
I'm glad you like it! I love it too.
To exit just keep hitting the back button till it exits.
Alot of apps don't have exit buttons and use this method.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:49 PM   #108
yogibare143
Tolkien Rules!

I hit the back button. When I go into Applications, Mantano shows 2 processes and 1 service running. Is this normal?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #109
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I hit the back button. When I go into Applications, Mantano shows 2 processes and 1 service running. Is this normal?

Is it under running apps or Third party apps? You are seeing this.

The back button you are hitting is the arrow one not the home key correct?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:55 PM   #110
yogibare143
Tolkien Rules!

Correct. The arrow. Running apps
Old 11-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #111
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Correct. The arrow.
Okay I am guessing it has to do with the Ad version. The Nook app does this too. I force close it. It's closed but it still running in the background for some reason. You can ask Mantano over in their thread why this is but I can tell you the paid version does not do this. When you exits it shuts down.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:02 PM   #112
yogibare143
Tolkien Rules!

Mine is the paid version. Just bought it today. Will contact Mantano.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #113
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Mine is the paid version. Just bought it today. Will contact Mantano.
Okay now it's possible something changed in 1.6.4 SCION would know. She has it. I am using 1.6.3 from the Amazon app store which I sideloaded through my phone. I can't afford to buy it again.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:42 PM   #114
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Okay now it's possible something changed in 1.6.4 SCION would know. She has it. I am using 1.6.3 from the Amazon app store which I sideloaded through my phone. I can't afford to buy it again.
I'm on 1.6.4, but it never shows under Running Apps (on the Fire or my Sony Tablet). Even when the app is clearly in use it won't show in that list.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #115
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I'm on 1.6.4, but it never shows under Running Apps (on the Fire or my Sony Tablet). Even when the app is clearly in use it won't show in that list.
A bad install then?
Old 11-22-2011, 10:55 PM   #116
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
A bad install then?
That app runs fine on both devices.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #117
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
That app runs fine on both devices.
I meant on his Fire. It might not of correctly installed.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:03 PM   #118
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
I meant on his Fire. It might not of correctly installed.
OK
Old 11-22-2011, 11:29 PM   #119
yogibare143
Tolkien Rules!

I downloaded 1.6.3 to make sure it worked before I bought it. Worked fine till I ran Sync yesterday then got message app still running. Uninstalled 1.6.3 and installed 1.6.4 today. Will try to uninstall and reinstall. Waiting on mantano to get back with me.

Thanks
Blossom & Scion
Old 11-22-2011, 11:43 PM   #120
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I downloaded 1.6.3 to make sure it worked before I bought it. Worked fine till I ran Sync yesterday then got message app still running. Uninstalled 1.6.3 and installed 1.6.4 today. Will try to uninstall and reinstall. Waiting on mantano to get back with me.

Thanks
Blossom & Scion
In settings you need make sure it's not set synch the whole device like it is by default. That could be it. Only select the folders your epubs are in.