Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-08-2006, 09:51 AM   #16
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I just wrote an email to bookeen to ask for information about a group price, the permission to write software for it and the availability of the device. They are a French company based in Paris, perfect for me. I'll put up a thread and poll when I get a reply.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:25 AM   #17
da_jane
Evangelist
da_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enoughda_jane will become famous soon enough

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Kindle Paperwhite | iPad Mini
The case is going to be pink, right?
da_jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2006, 10:51 AM   #18
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible
That means we'd have 4 to 6 months to put our resources together and maybe our programmer friends could write up some neet apps. for it?
DotReader!

Wouldn't it be nice to have a platform that was *designed* to be hacked?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:57 AM   #19
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jane
The case is going to be pink, right?
There are pink woods!
Old 12-08-2006, 12:41 PM   #20
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
I have a Cybook from Bookeen that I don't use any more since I got my iLiad.
The Cybook is too darn heavy and the battery life is poor.

My small experience with Bookeen found that their customer services were excellent.

If we can manage to get a group order of 200 you can count me in.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2006, 04:14 PM   #21
phuata
phuata began at the beginning.

Keep us updated as to cost and functions. 200 people might not be unreasonable.
phuata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:38 AM   #22
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Definitely count me in. Bookeen has given me great customer service. I my self was thinking of trying to get the 2nd gen reader because it has all the readers that I currently use and more:

Microsoft reader
PDF Reader
eReader
MobiPocket Reader
µBook Reader
Boo (native OEB) Reader
Dot Reader
ClearVue Readers: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Pocket Word editor
Pocket Inbox
Internet Explorer
Windows Media Player

Min Order is 5. This device has been around for awhile, but I don't know where I can get one. Depending on price, I would get 5 and sell the others.

But depending on the software included the 3rd gen device may be a better decision.

Ellen

Last edited by imaredr; 12-09-2006 at 08:51 AM.
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #23
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

It looks very interesting. I'm very interested to know a price.

If the Sony Reader were a lot more open and there were quite a bit more hacks for it, I'd be pushed over to it, quite frankly. I realize the hacks are coming, but if the device would have been more open in the first place, I think everything would be a lot quicker in coming.
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:51 PM   #24
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
The gen 2 device looks pretty good, but I'd rather have a linux-based device. The gen 2 device uses WinCE, which I'd rather avoid. I note that it has a pen, though, so clearly Bookeen knows how to integrate a touch-sensitive tablet into a design. I don't see tablet as an option on the gen 3 device -- that's what I'd want more info on.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 04:37 PM   #25
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The gen 2 device seems to have good compatibility with formats, but it seems that you trade off battery life, which is listed at 2 - 4 hours. That's probably enough for some people, and prohibitive for others, depending on your expected usage and expected nearness to a charger.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:25 AM   #26
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Count me in too.

PS: I think the Bookeen deserves an entry into our E Ink Matrix --> https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_Reader_Matrix
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:25 PM   #27
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I know yvanleterrible mentions this already... did you notice that the dimensions are the exact same as for the STAReBOOK? So maybe it's from the same manufacturer...?
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:08 PM   #28
Redfoot
Redfoot began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise-1150
A while back I filled out a survey about desirable features for a e reader for fictionwise.com. They may be interested in some readers if the cost is low enough.
Redfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:28 PM   #29
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Since Sony put out news of the PRS coming to market with a reader and BBeB, every ebook reseller is trying to get their own reader with their own software or DRM.

I'm afraid that the EBabel thing is going to get much worse!
Old 12-14-2006, 03:44 AM   #30
Redfoot
Redfoot began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise-1150
EBabel thing

At least Fictionwise will probably try to support all of the other readers formats - if they are allowed to.
Redfoot is offline   Reply With Quote