Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-31-2018, 08:48 PM   #1
keithdt
Connoisseur
keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.keithdt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Simon & Schuster - over 400 freebies

Didn't see anyone else had posted this. Simon & Schuster has over 400 titles currently free. A lot of children's titles and novels, with a range of other stuff mixed in including classics (nice editions with extras included), cookbooks, humor and politics (a lot of that is dated). But some nice stuff in there if you have time to look. Unfortunately I don't have the time to give pointers. If you keep going past the freebies there are a lot of bargains at .99 and 1.99. If you're more interested in non-fiction I provided a separate link just for that. No idea how long these will be there.

All titles priced low to high:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_p...price-asc-rank

Non-fiction only:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n...rnid=154606011

Last edited by keithdt; 07-31-2018 at 08:56 PM.
keithdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:21 PM   #2
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Unlike the Open Road Media sale from December 2016 with about 3,000 freebies, it looks like this one may be going on at other retailers. I'm seeing several of the freebies from the first page at Amazon at Kobo.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2018, 09:29 AM   #3
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
A fairly good cross section of books I think. The list is so big it's a little intimidating. I got a little bored just searching the list. they might have been smarter to break it up into weekly or monthly sub lists.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:05 PM   #4
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Thanks. I picked up about 25 books--mostly the "enriched classics" editions, as well as a couple of cookbooks.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:24 PM   #5
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdt View Post
Didn't see anyone else had posted this. Simon & Schuster has over 400 titles currently free. A lot of children's titles and novels, with a range of other stuff mixed in including classics (nice editions with extras included), cookbooks, humor and politics (a lot of that is dated). But some nice stuff in there if you have time to look. Unfortunately I don't have the time to give pointers. If you keep going past the freebies there are a lot of bargains at .99 and 1.99. If you're more interested in non-fiction I provided a separate link just for that. No idea how long these will be there.

All titles priced low to high:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_p...price-asc-rank

Non-fiction only:
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n...rnid=154606011
Unfortunately, these links only show books where Simon & Schuster is listed as the publisher - not all of S&S's imprints.

Here are a couple of examples of searches for S&S imprints:

Gallery Books

Pocket Books/Star Trek

Pocket Books

BTW, you have to get the full name in the Publisher search field. So Gallery Books works but Gallery doesn't.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2018, 10:03 PM   #6
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
Unfortunately, these links only show books where Simon & Schuster is listed as the publisher - not all of S&S's imprints.

Here are a couple of examples of searches for S&S imprints:

Gallery Books

Pocket Books/Star Trek

Pocket Books

BTW, you have to get the full name in the Publisher search field. So Gallery Books works but Gallery doesn't.
Gallery * or Gallery* should work.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:38 PM   #7
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Gallery * or Gallery* should work.
Good to know. That helps with Amazon's inconsistencies in the publisher field.

Thanks!
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:02 AM   #8
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
You can also refine the searches by playing with some of the other fields. For example, adding &node=157305011 gives mysteries, 158566011 is romance, 157325011 is non-fiction, etc. Those are the only three I know right now...I'm sure other folks know other nodes, like sci-fi...

You can also search, for example, for the classics, which mostly have (Enriched Classics) in the title by adding &title=classics to the search.

So a little creativity can help knock down the hundreds of titles to something manageable.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:56 AM   #9
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
And here's a link to S&S imprints: http://about.simonandschuster.biz/di...-and-imprints/

I found a few more freebies under Pocket Star and Scribner, which is all the time I have to look right now...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:26 AM   #10
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Wow, picked up 10 so far. Heading back to look for more.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:16 PM   #11
Avice
Zealot
Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Freebies by S&S imprint at Kobo

I'll edit this comment to add more Simon & Schuster imprints as I search for them on Kobo.

Adams Media
Aladdin
Atria Books
Atria/37 INK: no freebies
Atria Books/Beyond Words
Atria/Emily Bestler Books (not very many)
Atria/Enliven Books: no freebies
Atria/Keywords Press: no freebies
Atheneum Books for Young Readers
Beach Lane Books
Folger Shakespeare Library: no freebies
Gallery Books
Gallery 13: no freebies
Gallery/Scout Press: no freebies
Howard Books
Margaret K. McElderry Books
Pocket Books
Saga Press: no freebies
Salaam Reads / Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers: no freebies
Scribner
Simon & Schuster
Simon & Schuster Audio: no freebies
Simon & Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books
Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Simon & Schuster Children's UK: no freebies
Simon Pulse
Simon Spotlight
Touchstone
Washington Square Press

Last edited by Avice; 08-02-2018 at 03:28 PM.
Avice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:04 PM   #12
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Interestingly, you can buy them direct from the Simon & Schuster website epub or Kindle format DRM-free!

http://www.simonandschuster.com/

Last edited by Fbone; 08-02-2018 at 09:13 PM. Reason: added link
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:06 PM   #13
Sarmat89
Evangelist
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A US-only promotion.
Sarmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:26 PM   #14
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
More Kobo links for
Pocket Star.
Threshold.

I think I might need to upgrade my memory cards in my Kobo Glo HDs.

Last edited by bgalbrecht; 08-02-2018 at 11:33 PM.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:28 AM   #15
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
My smartphone wants to make sport with me, and I absolutely refuse to let it.

Just go to http://www.simonandschuster.com/c/free-ebook-offer, and look around the first few screens. You should see _two_ special offers.

Now, back to my cave . . . .

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 08-04-2018 at 02:16 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
schuster, simon & schuster