Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-31-2018, 03:22 PM   #1
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Very short chapters

I have this hunch that if you want to recommend books with short chapters to me - and I do ask that help - it might be only in the thriller genre.

I need readable enough books with short to very short chapters. Hope I get a couple of replies. That will do.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:43 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
I have this hunch that if you want to recommend books with short chapters to me - and I do ask that help - it might be only in the thriller genre.

I need readable enough books with short to very short chapters. Hope I get a couple of replies. That will do.
Anything by James Patterson. He must be the king of very short chapters. I enjoyed the early books in the Alex Cross series.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2018, 04:04 PM   #3
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Are you looking for only thrillers or do you want other genres too?

For Fantasy, L.E. Modesitt, Jr tends to have a lot of short chapters in his books. I really like the Recluce series starting with The Magic of Recluce.

Here's a Goodreads list, and a Reddit thread about this too.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:46 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I just read Upload by Collin Tobin and Twisted Prey by John Sandford and both had mostly short chapters
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:39 PM   #5
jandrew
Zealot
jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: aura hd
All the Light We Cannot See certainly has short chapters.
jandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2018, 07:54 PM   #6
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Cyberstorm - what I'm reading now - has very short chapters. Almost to the point of blurring chapters and paragraphs in some cases (an exaggeration, but still, some chapters are really short!)

The book is about short term post-apocalypse survival. An OK read. Not great, but not bad either.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 03:23 AM   #7
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Are you looking for only thrillers or do you want other genres too?

For Fantasy, L.E. Modesitt, Jr tends to have a lot of short chapters in his books. I really like the Recluce series starting with The Magic of Recluce.

Here's a Goodreads list, and a Reddit thread about this too.
I like Fantasy too, Dazrin. Thanks for the links!
Old 06-01-2018, 03:25 AM   #8
Luffy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyC View Post
I just read Upload by Collin Tobin and Twisted Prey by John Sandford and both had mostly short chapters
I'll try them, MickeyC. Thank you.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:28 AM   #9
Luffy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
Cyberstorm - what I'm reading now - has very short chapters. Almost to the point of blurring chapters and paragraphs in some cases (an exaggeration, but still, some chapters are really short!)

The book is about short term post-apocalypse survival. An OK read. Not great, but not bad either.
Can you mention the author, haertig? It's important for I could distinguish among other books by the same name.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:29 AM   #10
Luffy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrew View Post
All the Light We Cannot See certainly has short chapters.
I do have this book! Big thanks, jandrew!
Old 06-01-2018, 03:57 AM   #11
artig
Zealot
artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, kindle pw
I guess the Dan Brown novels could be called thrillers, and from memory the two that I've read had very short chapters. Just checked - 105 chapters in Da Vinci Code and 137 in Angels and Demons.
artig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:19 AM   #12
Luffy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by artig View Post
I guess the Dan Brown novels could be called thrillers, and from memory the two that I've read had very short chapters. Just checked - 105 chapters in Da Vinci Code and 137 in Angels and Demons.
I can attest to them, as I read them some time ago. Thanks anyway artig.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:57 AM   #13
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Paula Hawkins's Into the Water is thrillerish with short chapters, but I don't recommend it.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:18 AM   #14
Luffy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Paula Hawkins's Into the Water is thrillerish with short chapters, but I don't recommend it.
Fair enough. It must have been a particularly bad book.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:52 AM   #15
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Fair enough. It must have been a particularly bad book.
It was extremely choppy, because Hawkins had dozens of different POV characters, shifting from chapter to chapter, making it extremely annoying to try to follow who was who and who knew what, for very little eventual payoff.

Sharon Bolton's Dead Woman Walking has mostly short chapters, if I remember correctly. That's one I can definitely recommend.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote