Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Question Goodreads Integration Going Live??

Has anyone heard of an estimated release date for the Goodreads Integration?? I am just curious when to expect to see this.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #2
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Its a feature of the new kindle paperwhite 2.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Its a feature of the new kindle paperwhite 2.
It's a feature that isn't live yet, which is why nynaevelan is asking.

Haven't seen any rumored dates for the PW2 yet. The Fire OS is supposed to get it mid-November so perhaps that's true for the PW2 as well.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:59 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Will older devices get it? Paperwhite 1? Fire HD?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Will older devices get it? Paperwhite 1? Fire HD?
I too am hoping the Fire HD gets it since I actually use the Goodreads app on there.
Advert
Old 10-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It's a feature that isn't live yet, which is why nynaevelan is asking.

Haven't seen any rumored dates for the PW2 yet. The Fire OS is supposed to get it mid-November so perhaps that's true for the PW2 as well.
Thanks I will keep my eye out for it around then for my PW2. I am eager to see how this and the Cloud Collections work. I am praying really hard that Amazon allows us to control and change our collections outside of the various devices.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #7
jswinden
Nameless Being

I use GoodReads too, and I am also curious how it will be integrated into Amazon. Somehow I suspect it will be more of a huge commercial than a useful feature, but we will see. I really don't want a bunch of GoodReads suggested books to read popping up on my non-SO PW2 in the form of "buy me" links to the Amazon store.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-31-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:51 PM   #8
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I use GoodReads too, and I am also curious how it will be integrated into Amazon. Somehow I suspect it will be more of a huge commercial than a useful feature, but we will see. I really don't want a bunch of GoodReads suggested books to read popping up on my non-SO PW2 in the form of "but me" links to the Amazon store.
I agree and if they set it up that way, I hope they also give us the option of turning it off, especially since I keep my wifi off 99% of the time.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Pics of Goodreads on the PW2...
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....imageproduct19

Here's what's being said about PW integration.
Quote:
With Goodreads on Kindle, you'll be able to
  • see what your Goodreads friend are reading,
  • share highlights to Goodreads from inside the book
  • rate books
  • see your want-to-read, currently-reading, and read shelves
  • add your Amazon book purchases to your Goodreads shelves, all without putting down your Kindle.
http://www.goodreads.com/blog/show/4...---it-s-coming

Here's what they say about the integration on the Fire.
Quote:
With the new Goodreads integration on the new Kindle Fires unveiled by Amazon today, you will be able to:
  • see what your Goodreads friends are reading
  • share highlights and notes as you read
  • track the books you read and want to read and build your shelves
  • read reviews from your friends and from the Goodreads community
  • rate and review books
  • import Amazon-purchased books to your Goodreads shelves.
http://www.goodreads.com/blog/show/4...w-kindle-fires
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:58 PM   #10
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I agree and if they set it up that way, I hope they also give us the option of turning it off, especially since I keep my wifi off 99% of the time.
According to the PW2 page at Amazon, they will show up so like you I hope we can turn that feature off. I also don't care about GoodReads highlights. I turn all that crap off that is built into the PW2 FW. I do like the idea of directly and painlessly importing my Amazon books into my lists on GoodReads though. That will save time.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:13 PM   #11
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
According to the PW2 page at Amazon, they will show up so like you I hope we can turn that feature off. I also don't care about GoodReads highlights. I turn all that crap off that is built into the PW2 FW. I do like the idea of directly and painlessly importing my Amazon books into my lists on GoodReads though. That will save time.
Now this is one part I do not like, I do not want Amazon automatically adding anything to my shelves. Except for the want to read shelf, I want to put books on my shelves as I like to organize them. To give you and idea of my Goodreads account, I have 4789 books shelved through 36 shelves and only 3 of them are standard GR shelves. I do not need Amazon fudging up my organization.

But if they let me add them to shelves from the purchase screen it would be nice but highly unlikely something I will use. I use the GR plugin in Calibre to update my shelves quite nicely.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:18 PM   #12
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Pics of Goodreads on the PW2...
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....imageproduct19

Here's what's being said about PW integration.

http://www.goodreads.com/blog/show/4...---it-s-coming

Here's what they say about the integration on the Fire.

http://www.goodreads.com/blog/show/4...w-kindle-fires
I am looking forward to seeing the various shelves on GR. This is one of the features I like about the GR app. I can browse that on my Fire and find a book and read the synopsis when I am picking something I am not familiar with. It is also helpful to find the series order of the next book I want to read since I limit the books which I have on my Fire. I usually use GR to find what I want to read, then use Dropbox to download it to the Fire.