Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-10-2017, 10:17 AM   #1
bthb
bthb is a jewel in the roughbthb is a jewel in the roughbthb is a jewel in the roughbthb is a jewel in the roughbthb is a jewel in the roughbthb is a jewel in the roughbthb is a jewel in the roughbthb is a jewel in the roughbthb is a jewel in the roughbthb is a jewel in the roughbthb is a jewel in the rough

Device: kindle paperwhite
BOOX about to release BOOX Note(10.3") and a BOOX typewriter...

Onyx just published a invitation(in Chinese) about attending Hong Kong Electronics Fair(Spring Edition) from April 13 to 16th.
In the invitation they also describe shortly about the product they would be showing.
They are:
  • BOOX MAX Carta(13.3")
  • BOOX Note(10.3" flexible screen; both touch and stylus support)
  • BOOX N96 Carta series(9.7"; both touch and stylus support)
  • BOOX Kepler(6")
  • BOOX C67ML Carta2(6")
  • BOOX 打字机(typewriter?)(9.7 eink typewriter for better writing and reading)
And all the products are equipped with Carta screen except the tpyewriter(at least in the invitation).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BOOX-Invitation1.JPG
Views:	1030
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	156093   Click image for larger version

Name:	BOOX-invitation-product1.JPG
Views:	1299
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	156094   Click image for larger version

Name:	BOOX-invitation-product2.JPG
Views:	1307
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	156095  
bthb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Appreciate letting us know. Thank you.
Hopefully someone will have more info straight from HK Fair.
Would love to know about availability, Android version, Bluetooth?
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2017, 04:04 PM   #3
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
That typewriter looks nice.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 04:03 PM   #4
Charbax
Addict
Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Charbax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF1b3qgw-K4 thanks for watching.
Charbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:09 PM   #5
ph0ton
ph0ton began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62+
Thanks for the video! Looks like there aren't any page turn buttons on the 10.3, so that's personally unfortunate. That laptop looks a lot cooler than I expected though!
ph0ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2017, 02:16 PM   #6
desk7
Groupie
desk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notesdesk7 can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Onyx Boox Max
Other videos about Onyx Boox typewriter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni2czAM2NDU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF3HZJEN0ZY
desk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:38 AM   #7
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
I am excited about the 10.3. For me, the main question is whether it will be fast enough to use handwriting in mainstream apps like Keep, OneNote, Evernote, or LectureNotes. I am frustrated with the lack of basic features in the stock Note app.

Sent from my YD201 using Tapatalk
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:04 AM   #8
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
I am excited about the 10.3. For me, the main question is whether it will be fast enough to use handwriting in mainstream apps like Keep, OneNote, Evernote, or LectureNotes.
10.3" is advertised with Android 4.0 and with older hardware similar to Onyx Max or N96.

You need at least to be running Android KitKat 4.4
The apps you mentioned are being developed for much newer hardware.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 02:27 PM   #9
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
I've already got more devices than I need, but I'd be sorely tempted by the typewriter if they make it. Especially if it was i.mx.7, which the prototype wasn't, but there could always be revisions or a typewriter 2.
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:28 AM   #10
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
10.3" is advertised with Android 4.0 and with older hardware similar to Onyx Max or N96.

You need at least to be running Android KitKat 4.4
The apps you mentioned are being developed for much newer hardware.
Good point about the hardware - I missed the specs and assumed the processor will be a step up from the current gen. If not, it's a missed opportunity. Despite the marketing "you can run millions of apps from the Play Store", the range of apps that you would actually want to use on e-ink is pretty limited. If none of those work properly for handwiting, that's a problem considering handwriting is a big part of the use case for such a device.
The old OS version is an issue as well, but I think less serious as 4.4 is on the way, and you can install older versions of apps from sites like ApkMirror - although this is not for the average user.

Sent from my YD201 using Tapatalk
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:02 PM   #11
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
I'm also really hoping for finally at least a dual core cpu. This would make a lot of difference if one wants to run a Linux chroot on such a device... (CPU usage is a major showstopper for this usage on my current T68)

Apart from that, the 10.3 device looked quite nice.
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 05:15 AM   #12
Eug
Eug began at the beginning.

Device: nook 2
I would buy the 10.3 inch device right now, it looks amazing and it's just what I need on a daily basis (lots of tech and popular science books and articles). I'm dying to have one. I registered only to leave this comment and to stay tuned
Eug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:00 AM   #13
huseyinkoylu1
Enthusiast
huseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Onyx Boox N96 CML
Availible in September☺
huseyinkoylu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:01 AM   #14
huseyinkoylu1
Enthusiast
huseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityhuseyinkoylu1 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

https://m.facebook.com/groups/100585...29928970424557
Old 05-25-2017, 07:26 AM   #15
huseyinkoylu1
Enthusiast