Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-09-2016, 01:46 AM   #1
RemoteSocket
RemoteSocket began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Books not showing in Kindle My library

Hello, My books aren't showing up in My Library but they are showing up on the My Library preview. Any help?

I've reset Kindle to factory settings & have restarted Kindle to see if books have showed up in My Library but it hasn't. It only displays in the main menu.

>They're all have been transferred to MOBI
>DRM removal plugin installed
>Only trying to transfer 4 books.

Last edited by RemoteSocket; 07-10-2016 at 05:01 AM.
RemoteSocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 04:59 AM   #2
RemoteSocket

Friendly bump
Advert
Old 07-10-2016, 05:05 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Try changing the view from My Books to All Items. Books transferred from calibre to Kindle appear as 'documents' by default not 'books'.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 05:08 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoteSocket View Post
Friendly bump
Please leave it more than 3.25 hours when posting on what for many people is either early Sunday morning, or very late Saturday night!
Old 07-10-2016, 05:08 AM   #5
RemoteSocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Try changing the view from My Books to All Items. Books transferred from calibre to Kindle appear as 'documents' by default not 'books'.
I have changed it to "All Items". Periodcals, Docs & Collections are grayed out".
They are not there.

The books appear in the "documents" folder in the root of the Kindle device when I access them. Just happens not to be where it says they are on the Kindle.
Advert
Old 07-10-2016, 05:12 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

You'll need to wait for someone with more detailed knowledge to wake up. As far as I know, any .mobi file in the Documents folder should show up in your library when viewing All Items.

Oh - I'm assuming you CAN view these books using calibre?
Old 07-10-2016, 05:15 AM   #7
RemoteSocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You'll need to wait for someone with more detailed knowledge to wake up. As far as I know, any .mobi file in the Documents folder should show up in your library when viewing All Items.

Oh - I'm assuming you CAN view these books using calibre?
Yes I can view them, modify. Anything but just view the books in the My Library.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:07 AM   #8
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Do you mean you have transferred the books from Calibre onto your Kindle, and although they show up as being on your Kindle when you are viewing them via Calibre library, they aren't appearing on the Kindle itself?

If so, on your Kindle have you made sure to change the sort options from "All" to "Downloaded" because Amazon recently changed this and "All" means all the books in your Amazon cloud, while "Downloaded" means all the items downloaded to your device (and that can mean books not bought from Amazon and sideloaded from your computer to your Kindle. Previously it was "Cloud" and "On Device", which makes more sense.

So set the options in the home screen of your Kindle to "Downloaded" and possibly also "All items" or "Docs" too if they don't show up.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:15 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Another option is to delete all the Mobi files and transfer the eBooks as KF8.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:21 PM   #10
RemoteSocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by
;3350481
Do you mean you have transferred the books from Calibre onto your Kindle, and although they show up as being on your Kindle when you are viewing them via Calibre library, they aren't appearing on the Kindle itself?

If so, on your Kindle have you made sure to change the sort options from "All" to "Downloaded" because Amazon recently changed this and "All" means all the books in your Amazon cloud, while "Downloaded" means all the items downloaded to your device (and that can mean books not bought from Amazon and sideloaded from your computer to your Kindle. Previously it was "Cloud" and "On Device", which makes more sense.

So set the options in the home screen of your Kindle to "Downloaded" and possibly also "All items" or "Docs" too if they don't show up.
You have solved my issue. The issue was I did not click "DOWNLOADED" instead I had it set to "All".

I believed those texts were just a title of all books downloaded.

Soulfuldog is there anyway I can pay you back to show my gratitude for your support?
Old 07-11-2016, 12:26 AM   #11
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
For future reference, this is totally a Kindle question, not a calibre question.
We have a whole Kindle forum here at MobileRead, and the Kindle experts hang out there while the calibre experts hang out here.

Which isn't to say there isn't some overlap between the two groups.

The best way to thank the forum members for providing help is generally to pass the help on. Many of us began where you are, getting help from the veterans until they themselves became veterans.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:26 AM   #12
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoteSocket View Post
You have solved my issue. The issue was I did not click "DOWNLOADED" instead I had it set to "All".

I believed those texts were just a title of all books downloaded.

Soulfuldog is there anyway I can pay you back to show my gratitude for your support?
Ha ha, glad you got it sorted RemoteSocket. Ta for letting us know too, and as eschwartz posted, just pass on your knowledge to someone else who is looking for help in future.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote