Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-16-2019, 08:20 PM   #42091
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Why, why, why does my brain have a permanent hard wiring to the WRONG connection?

Every time somebody mentions David Soul (who I don't know) I think of Illya Kuryakin (whom I also never was allowed to watch, but still had a crush on). The actor's name was David McCallum .... and his onscreen partner's last name was Solo. So, there's no connection to the name above, except that this "David" and his partner's character name "Solo" *always* make me go look up Kuryakin to find out that yeah, I was wrong to think of them. Sheesh!
LOL...you are obviously a bit younger than I. Those are gentlemen from VERY different generations. I had a MAD crush on "Ilya" (David McCallum) when I was a child, watching The Man from Uncle with my folks. Robert Vaughn played the estimable, smooth, Napoleon Solo. (My neighbor's standard poodle became Napoleon!).

Later, in the 70s, many young women of late-teen/early 20 years were smitten with Soul and the actor that played his partner--on TV's Starsky and Hutch--Paul-Michael Glaser, if memory serves. Neither was my particular cuppa, but I do remember many girls thinking both/either of them eminently, er, "doable." :-)

Well...they're both blondish, (Soul and McCallum) if that helps, but aside from that, they're nothing alike, lol.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:46 AM   #42092
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
OMG, David Soul! (The guy later arrested for wife-beating, sadly...). It was pretty good, if memory serves, considering when it was made. :-)

Hitch
It was an okay movie. It, unfortunately, suffered from what many movies in the 1970s suffer from: sudden, loud and jarring sounds or music. Another example is Don't Look Now. I hate that.

That doesn't mean that todays movies (and some tv series) are much better. IMHO the "background" music and sound effects are often too loud in comparison to the dialogue. At least when watching something on TV, in cinema this is less of a problem. Even with the setting on my TV switched on which is supposed to balance sound I often have to put on my headphones to not have to turn the volume up and down constantly. If subtitles are available I have those switched on as well.

Right now I'm waiting for it to be 8am, when the breakfast buffet opens. After that I'm going to the supermarket and then I'm going to finish my current book and keep my fingers crossed for snow later today.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 11:01 AM   #42093
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's the final night of my vacation. It's been a good and lazy Reading Retreat. I did a lot of reading (4 books, almost 1500 pages), some watercolouring, watching films every night and a little bit of gaming.

I had kinda, maybe planned to do some walking in the vacation park, but I didn't. The first couple of days were drizzly, rainy and/or grey. The last couple of days were sunny but cold.

The weather is also the reason I'm glad I decided to book an apartment next to the facilities instead of a cabin further in the park. It's busier (though it was quiet until Friday afternoon), but I got lucky on the view. And it's easy in the morning to pop over the road to the breakfast buffet and the supermarket.

Right now I'm treating myself to an under-eye mask and I've just lit a fire. In a while I will pick something on Netflix to watch. I'll also do some packing and before I go to bed I'll take a nice long bath.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:20 AM   #42094
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Updating my casefiles after a MONSTER day of court yesterday.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:54 PM   #42095
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
On holiday at The Fortress Of Sillytude. . .

Highs in the 80's F (25-28 C).
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:55 PM   #42096
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Kids are old enough now that my wife and I can go out in the evening. We just got back from a meal at a restaurant in the town Mrs B works in, and very good it was too. Lobster and crab fishcakes with fries, pea puree and asparagus with a bottle of wine. Very reasonably priced as well as part of a mid-week deal.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 10:13 AM   #42097
OttawaMark
OttawaMark can extract oil from cheeseOttawaMark can extract oil from cheeseOttawaMark can extract oil from cheeseOttawaMark can extract oil from cheeseOttawaMark can extract oil from cheeseOttawaMark can extract oil from cheeseOttawaMark can extract oil from cheeseOttawaMark can extract oil from cheese

Device: Samsung Tab e 9.6
Trying to decide whether or not to put salt down on my driveway / walkway.
Sometimes, depending on the temperature and forecast, it's better to leave a light layer of snow on top of the ice.
(safety wise)
Also making a menu for the upcoming week and a grocery list for this afternoon.
Setting logs in the fireplace to be ready for this afternoons reading.

It's a full life
OttawaMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:54 AM   #42098
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I've just prepared to meet my sister for brunch and then a movie (Bohemian Rhapsody).

I still have half an hour to wait, so I'm looking at the various adult colouring books. Next month I'm going to Amsterdam for a couple of days. I plan to visit a bunch of art supply stores and bookstores to stock up on them.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:00 AM   #42099
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Recovering from the final kidney stone removal procedure (procedure #3).

I feel better than I've felt in 2 months. . .
Old 02-03-2019, 07:14 PM   #42100
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Recovering from a norovirus. Nasty little bug. I spent from yesterday at 5 a.m. til around 3 p.m. today at the hospital.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:13 AM   #42101
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Just returned from local(ish) auto-electrical place where they have removed a live 'feed' that a previous owner had installed,and which I did not need or want!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:57 AM   #42102
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I've done all my chores for today; laundry, clean toilet and bundling cardboard and paper for pick-up on Wednesday and planned my week. So now it's me time. I'm first going to do some watercolouring. I've gotten some new stuff recently but hadn't had the time to play with it.

I've decided I need to get a watercolour journal for my swatches. I keep a swatch paper with every set I have. But it's nice to have them all together in one journal for when I want to decide which set to use. It's also possible to add more information in the journal than on the papers I keep with the sets.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:08 PM   #42103
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

First daffodils of the season. . .

Click image for larger version

Name:	Daffodils 2-5-19.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	169513
Old 02-06-2019, 08:41 AM   #42104
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I've just booked a hotel in Amsterdam for three nights next month. I'm waiting for them to email a payment link so I can pay.

I'm going to see Sarah Millican live and I've decided to add a couple of days and go to a museum and visit the various art supply stores.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:07 AM   #42105
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Ordering a SIM card in a language I don't understand.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?