Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 07-13-2004, 06:46 AM   #1
cactusjack
cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.

Device: TT
RTF Conversion with iSilo

I have quite a few RTF (Rich Text Format) documents and ebooks I would like to read in iSilo, but dammed if I can work out how to get iSiliX to convert them.

Has anyone got any ideas??
Old 07-13-2004, 07:55 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
I have quite a few RTF (Rich Text Format) documents and ebooks I would like to read in iSilo, but dammed if I can work out how to get iSiliX to convert them.

Has anyone got any ideas??
One way is to first open them in MS Word (or WordPad). They can both read rtf. Then save as .txt files which you can convert directly.

Another trick I use is to save as a text file in MS Word, with the CR/LF option at the end of each line. Then I Open the file (from file explorer) by right mouse clicking and choosing to open with Internet Explorer, which has the iSiloX add-in button right on it.

Good luck!
Advert
Old 07-14-2004, 07:14 AM   #3
cactusjack
cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.

Device: TT
Sensational BobR that method worked a treat....thanks a lot
Old 07-14-2004, 11:27 AM   #4
derekweb
Groupie
derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Palm Treo 700p & iPaq hx2755
Something else you can try. Since MS Word can save documents as HTML, and still retain the formatting, whereas TXT files won't. You can try that avenue also, and possibly save yourself a LOT of work.